Do we give up on players too easily

Mangala is very good defender, much like lescott was, just not comfortable with the ball at feet, definitely a top defender in there in my opinion
Not as good as Lescott who was excellent at reading the game, not so good going forward but normally a short pass to a team mate sorted that. Why anyone thought Mangala was an upgrade I will never know. I expected someone comfortable on the ball who could bring it forward and pick a pass. Sadly that wasn't him, despite the expense. I would still trust him above Stones at the moment.

Guess the question is, do we spunk £30m+ on another ball playing CB & take a big loss on selling/loaning out Mangala; or have him as our 4th choice CB & hope he can do the job when called upon.

Guess it will be dependent a number of factors but seems many here would be happy enough to see him given that chance.

I think we have enough ball players to afford a ball winning defender in the team. His job would be simply win the ball and give a two yard pass to someone better going forward.

Not as good as Lescott who was excellent at reading the game, not so good going forward but normally a short pass to a team mate sorted that. Why anyone thought Mangala was an upgrade I will never know. I expected someone comfortable on the ball who could bring it forward and pick a pass. Sadly that wasn't him, despite the expense. I would still trust him above Stones at the moment.

He can pass though..his long balls are probably better than anyones we have at CB. It's his first touch/poor control that lets him down under pressure..that can be fixed with confidence I should imagine

Mangala is the second best defender at the club and shouldn't be going anywhere in my opinion. Nasri is quality when he can be arsed but we have too many of those already.

Attitude is everything these days it would seem. I was only talking about this yesterday and questioned would Best get in to a Sir Alex team..?? When you look at the players he binned at the top of their game because they questioned his authority I doubt he would. Pep is similar, Joe Hart was given no chance, was this down to attitude? a club insider has hinted to me it was. Nasri similar and Frank Lampard talked about Serg being a lazy trainer, is that why his place in the team is no longer guaranteed..??

Mangala is not good enough for the style we play so we should cut our lossss.

Nasri is good enough but his attitude isn't. Again time to go.

I hope we don't sell Mangala for pennys on the dollar to someone, he actually didn't play to poorly and i'd like him on the bench. On another note Vinny looked like Vinny last night, i just hope he can stay healthy this year.

Mangala is quite one of the worst footballing CH I've ever seen in the Old Sky Blue, certainly since the Keegan era. His first touch is atrocious and his short passing game poor to say the least...he would worry me immensely if selected.

We'd be mental not to keep Mangala.

If Pep is all for plan b going forward, why can it only be one when it comes to the back?

Mangala is exactly what we lacked at times last year, but tippy tappy Stones is apparently better.

Not when we're under a barage he isn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.