Do we give up on players too easily

Degree of irony in a discussion on not giving up on players people take the first opportunity to slag off Stones et al.

Honestly, what Mangala has that we lack is just that pure physicality to cover for our other defenders. So many times last year we conceded goals just by the opposition putting it in behind Otamendi or Kolarov and then it was game over, no one was getting back. When we had Mangala, he'd run like a madman and get back and try and at least make it difficult.

People slaughtered him for his passing and control, but it honestly wasn't bad at all, he was fine 99% of the time, but his lack of composure was the problem. If he made a mistake he'd lose his shit and start desperately trying to make up for it, usually leading to more. Otamendi probably makes twice as many mistakes, but shrugs it off and doesn't look like he gives a fuck that he's just made an arse of himself. Mangala on the other hand you could see how much it bothered him even by just looking at his face. He looked a lot worse on the ball than he actually was imo.

I'd have no problem at all with Mangala being here this year, but I don't remotely think he will be. I'd be more confident with him playing than Stones, but I know Pep feels differently

Not sure there is an argument for Nasri being given up on too soon, he was given more chances than just about anyone I've seen and continued to half arse it whenever he didn't feel like it.

Yes we do and we are too quick to jump on the hype wagon of the supposed next best thing. We seem to want what is 'current' rather than focusing on improving what we have. I'm generalizing here by talking in the present tense because I actually think Pep knows exactly the type of player he wants. Historically under Mancini and Pellegrini we have been guilty of it though.

Some sections of the fan base are just as bad though. As soon as we are linked with a new shiny toy, all loyalty to the player currently playing in that position goes out of the window.

He was fine in cd for Mancini's ethos and tactics then he got chucked in with Manuel who was all for attacking, no bad thing in it's self. Asking a huge man to turn on a 6pence 50 times a match and dart back though was always a fools errand. I admit i am not some super technical fella who see's all, but i could see that pretty clearly.

Me too fella. his speed and strength are unquestionable..
He's too stiff with his passing, similar to lescott.
Stones is far more relaxed with the ball and that's what pep wants.
Mangala would smash Costa and abramovich tho, he is something else when it comes to speed and strength.

Mangala is an absolutely woeful CB and the list of clubs lining up to sign him show that. He's rubbish, he's positionally terrible, his concentration is awful and his use of the ball is abysmal. He's the biggest flop we've made since the takeover IMO

I thought we let Gareth Barry leave a season too early.
Thought Pep was too quick to get rid of Nasri although you can understand why.
De Jong great attitude nothing else,left at the right time.
Dzeko did not try a leg in his last season.
De Jong could play, he was under instruction to do a certain job and he did it.
When we played ac Milan in a friendly, he bossed it, we were 5-1 up and nearly lost cos he took the game to us.
They changed their game plan and everything went through him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.