Do we give up on players too easily

Mangala is an absolutely woeful CB and the list of clubs lining up to sign him show that. He's rubbish, he's positionally terrible, his concentration is awful and his use of the ball is abysmal. He's the biggest flop we've made since the takeover IMO

Surely you're not saying that Bravo was a better buy than Mangala ? He was the worst regular starting GK in the PL last season and had to be dropped to ensure CL qualification for our old back up Caballero.

Mangala is an absolutely woeful CB and the list of clubs lining up to sign him show that. He's rubbish, he's positionally terrible, his concentration is awful and his use of the ball is abysmal. He's the biggest flop we've made since the takeover IMO
In your opinion. We've signed a lot worse.

Surely you're not saying that Bravo was a better buy than Mangala ? He was the worst regular starting GK in the PL last season and had to be dropped to ensure CL qualification for our old back up Caballero.

But at least Bravo made some ounce of sense as a signing. Mangala was never good enough for a team playing out of the back, so he was destined to fail. Whilst Bravo's shot stopping ability is poor, he at least fit what we were trying to do.

Honestly, what Mangala has that we lack is just that pure physicality to cover for our other defenders. So many times last year we conceded goals just by the opposition putting it in behind Otamendi or Kolarov and then it was game over, no one was getting back. When we had Mangala, he'd run like a madman and get back and try and at least make it difficult.

People slaughtered him for his passing and control, but it honestly wasn't bad at all, he was fine 99% of the time, but his lack of composure was the problem. If he made a mistake he'd lose his shit and start desperately trying to make up for it, usually leading to more. Otamendi probably makes twice as many mistakes, but shrugs it off and doesn't look like he gives a fuck that he's just made an arse of himself. Mangala on the other hand you could see how much it bothered him even by just looking at his face. He looked a lot worse on the ball than he actually was imo.

I'd have no problem at all with Mangala being here this year, but I don't remotely think he will be. I'd be more confident with him playing than Stones, but I know Pep feels differently

Not sure there is an argument for Nasri being given up on too soon, he was given more chances than just about anyone I've seen and continued to half arse it whenever he didn't feel like it.
Nasri got injured at palace and that cost us the league, he would of had some iffy games but we were always a lot better when he played, even last season he would of made a difference. I think he likes to play when we have the ball but it's someone else's job when we don't, think pep give him the option and he declined it.
Shame, but we've got Bernardo silva now and that should more than make up for the loss.

We'd be mental not to keep Mangala.

If Pep is all for plan b going forward, why can it only be one when it comes to the back?

Mangala is exactly what we lacked at times last year, but tippy tappy Stones is apparently better.

Not when we're under a barage he isn't.

And how many times are we under a barage? most of our goals conceded are sloppy. Something that Mangala was also good at. He isn't good enough.

In your opinion. We've signed a lot worse.
I swear people just forget we signed Roque Santa Cruz, or Wayne Bridge. Or about 20 others. We had some excellent runs with Mangala in the team, don't remember that being the case with a lot of other players (Bony, looking at you buddy)

Mangala is the second best defender at the club and shouldn't be going anywhere in my opinion. Nasri is quality when he can be arsed but we have too many of those already.
Mangala looks like he's kicking a recently primed grenade. He may well be the 2nd best defender we've got. My mam's the 4th best British female tennis player. She's 79.

Pep seemed to make up his mind about Mangala very quickly. Stones he's lavished nothing but praise on. Hopefully Stones will pay him back by fulfilling his potential.

I remember de Jong very well, as he was one of my favourite players. And I m surprised that people don t rate him, he was more than a destroyer. Refresh your memory on youtube and you will remember how good he was.

He never passed forward, thank fuck he did in May that time though.

He was just a destroyer but I did really like him too as he did it to great affect.

Barry was the superior player and that's why Mancini started with Barry and Yaya.

In answer to the OP - No. We have given Kolarov at least 5 more years than he deserved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.