Do We Have Too Many South Americans?

When the fixtures came out people looked at the games around the Champions League diary but very little attention seemed to be paid to the international schedule

I appreciate they are not travelling in cattle class but could the amount of South Americans we have effect us?

We have:
Ederson
Danilo
Jesus
Aguero
Sanchez(potentially)
Otemendi
Fernandinho

I'm not trying to be negative, just wondered if this is something that could be an issue

I'd keep quiet mate. If UEFA spot this, they'll introduce a "no more than 4 south americans" rule, punishable with a 3 year transfer ban.

FFS do some people research to see which topic hasn't been discussed just to start a shit thread!??

I think it is a reasonable topic to discuss and. if we make a serious effort in the domestic cups, fixture congestion/squad tiredness could become an issue. Bit weird to raise it now after two stunning pre-season performances.

If I were Pep I would think long and hard about keeping Nasri and Mangla in the squad for this season (the former pre-warned that any shit and he will be training with the under 11s).

Foden and Diaz look ready for squad roles.

Most players who have returned from South America after international breaks seem to have played ok for us so I am not convinced it is that big an issue. It is certainly better than having African players who disappear for weeks every other season (and come back suffering from Malaria!).

Fixtures immediately after international break :

Liverpool H 12-30 Sat.
Stoke H
Leicester A
Everton A

The Liverpool one isn't as bad as it could be for the S.Americans as their midweek internationals KO in the early hours of Wednesday our time, so they should be back sometime on Thursday.

When the fixtures came out people looked at the games around the Champions League diary but very little attention seemed to be paid to the international schedule

I appreciate they are not travelling in cattle class but could the amount of South Americans we have effect us?

We have:
Ederson
Danilo
Jesus
Aguero
Sanchez(potentially)
Otemendi
Fernandinho

I'm not trying to be negative, just wondered if this is something that could be an issue

Walker, Kompany, Stones, Mendy, Yaya, De Bruyne, Silva, Sane, Sterling. Thats the basis of a good side and doesn't feature any south americans. Goalkeepers aren't really an issue. Strikers could be a worry but with the talent backing them up I'd still back us to score goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.