Do we overlook Match Fixing?

Why Always Ste

As fans of this sport, do we overlook fixing?
Do we like to pretend its real for entertainment values?
Sure it's not exactly like WWE wrestling but from reading around I'm being led to believe the beautiful game is very much corrupt with regular matches being fixed for gambling benefits.

I'm no expert, please if you have more knowledge on this issue enlighten me... I'd like to believe it isn't fixed, but with the amount of diving, lack of physical contact in the sport these days it just seems more and more fake.

<a class="postlink" href="http://footballisfixed.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footballisfixed.blogspot.co.uk/</a>

Read this as wel, is the blogger a maniac or is this shit real?
lol...

Let's think it is fixed/corrupt.... Would you still watch it?
Support City?

if it isn't then great, let's continue watching.

We'd like to believe footballers are not actors but who really knows.

Its rampant, hence the continued resistance to technological assistance.

Yep, I personally believe we live in a fake reality, so wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if football was just another form of sports entertainment, at the top level anyway, although match fixing occurs in the lower rungs quite a lot too.

American Sports are easier to spot with regards to being rigged. Then of course Horse Racing and the almighty Greyhound Racing, what a disaster that is lol

Well I feel a little more saner as it seems I'm not the only one with slight suspicion.

Don't you feel like you're being lied to?
We spend a lot of our own free time travelling to matches, costing us money and so on... Yet the outcome of some matches seems to be influenced more by a Malaysian betting syndicate than a few blues stood in the away end singing songs.

Don't shoot me but the 3-2 against QPR reeks of sports entertainment.......

Despite the absence of real technical assistance for the officials I doubt that the Prem would be the one to fix - too many people watching - too many cameras covering from all angles - too many well paid players - your winnings would need to be huge !!!

I think there is some mileage in the "odd" bets in the top flight - floodlight failures being the most obvious. I have no idea why bookies take bets on that or the first throw in and the like as that seems easier to rig.

I don't think its coincidence that just about all the fixing that has been proven is in the lower / non league games - though again I wonder why bookies take huge bets on such games TBH.

I think its interesting to consider what constitutes match fixing - for example La Liga - two clubs take by far the lions share of he money and surprise surprise win just about everything year in year out - that to me is as much a rigged league competition as anything else but of course the authorities don't ant to see things that way - they would rather ban for life a Dorchester Town reserve player or the like coz he had a bet on a match that may in some way have influenced all the teams playing in their league that weekend to produce results in their favour - yeah right !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.