Do we overlook Match Fixing?

There's too much money involved for it not to be corrupt. To say nothing of prestige, nice seats at Wembley finals, etc., etc.

Looking at the refereeing decisions you see practically every week, either certain refs are on the take, or they're incredibly incompetent. It's rare that anything is ever done about these 'mistakes', except in the old days when one by chance had an impact on the GPC.

No chance that the players are, hey earn too much and have to much to lose. Could happen in league 2 or below but nothing higher than that.
Refs are the ones most likely to be match fixing higher up the leagues
There's some former players who are now pundits with huge gambling debts that they are still paying off. Who's to say there aren't some of the top players still in that position. Get your debts wiped out with a misplaced pass,slip or mistake. Who would say no to that?

There's some former players who are now pundits with huge gambling debts that they are still paying off. Who's to say there aren't some of the top players still in that position. Get your debts wiped out with a misplaced pass,slip or mistake. Who would say no to that?
Absolutely right. People get caught up in a whole load of issues that open them to blackmail, and the money to be made from gambling is more than they could pay off.
So imagine a player is caught with his pants down, or as you say, a gambling debt, and even homosexual, then someone blackmails them into giving away a penalty. I can see it happening.

Absolutely right. People get caught up in a whole load of issues that open them to blackmail, and the money to be made from gambling is more than they could pay off.
So imagine a player is caught with his pants down, or as you say, a gambling debt, and even homosexual, then someone blackmails them into giving away a penalty. I can see it happening.

that would be tragic.

Man U v Sheffield weds, 1 St premier title game, ref going off injured, then the amount of time added on, their was something very sinister about that game, one of Bruce's goals as worthington is stood on the line, the whole game seemed like it was a set up for the sky card sale.

I always had my doubts about Ian Brightwell's performance at Brighton in 89, and Andy Dibble at home to Oxford in 97.
However, the obvious one was Everton 3 Wimbledon 2 in 94

Lost count how many early games last season the scum had fortuous decisions.

The spuds game at home last season had me scratching my head too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.