Do You Fondly Remember Your First Pair Of Football Boots?

TGR

I do...
They were Puma's - my first pair of boots that had screw in studs!
My dad bought them for me the first time I got picked to play for the
school team. Used to clean and polish them repeatedly - even when they
had not been used!

Also remember my first pair of training shoes (waaaaay before they became casual wear) - they were 'Adidas Gym'. All white with 3 black stripes. Class!

Gola-Speedster-d.jpg

Gola-Speedster-b-560x314.jpg

Mine were a pair of these, Gola Speedsters, as worn by, Ahem, George Best. I remember those 4 studs on the heel sticking in the turf when I was trying to turn.

The first pair I owned were hand me downs, they were brown with
nails sticking through. The first pair bought for me were a brand
called "Lawrence". They looked like adidas buy cheaper. The first
pair I actually liked were "Puma Royale" which i bought myself
from Sugg in Stockport. Nowadays my son, who is destined for great
things is wearing the new Vinnie boots "Warrior Skreamer" How
times have changed!

Can't remember my "first" pair as I started playing for teams at such a young age but a pair I remember buying first (or my 'rents buying) were some black Puma Kings with a white stripe.

I remember 'father christmas' dropping off a pair once. They were umbro, one of my first pairs I think and they were pretty crap actually. Got a pair of puma king ones after that in black which were brilliant, then got a proper nice pair of cream puma kings that were the bollocks. That was about 98 when not many people wore multi-coloured boots (but everyone wanted the ronaldo ones that he wore in the 98 world cup).

These though (best pic I can find unfortunately). These were the fucking ones. Used to clean them and dub them after every game:

140.jpg

Got some white adidas something or other now which I hardly wear because I don't play 11 a side anymore

cockneycarparkm32 said:
Winfields 4 stripes

ha ha, me too, from Woolworths I think...........I was the only kid with them I had the piss taken out of me big time! The day I got my 1st pair of Adidas screw in stud boots was huge!

Puma 'Mexico' - they were quality.

Black with a white puma stripe but the underneath was bright orange. Looked mint with some fresh ally screw in studs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.