Do you really believe the league is over...?

The way I see it is this.
We've hit 40 points really early.
We are safe by a long way now.
Please pep don't let them take the foot off the gas.
As long as we do the double over the red mardarses that's all I'm bothered about.

To put some context in it, We can realistically lose 6 games between now and the end of the season and still win the league. Our lead is effectively fourteen points, and whilst we have some difficult games, so do United. If we win on Saturday then we'll be fourteen clear with 33 to play for.

No one expects Arsenal to finish above Utd and they're only 11pts behind them, but most City fans including me are still worried about Utd catching us.

One thing. I really don't believe that there's any sensible comparison with United at the end of 2011-12. The truth is that they'd been chasing us for most of the season. That season, we actually fucked up more than them to even let them get to that eight point lead. What lies behind that truth is this one: United were a team right at the end of their shelf life at that point. Yes, I know that they were champions the following season, but I really think that was the mysterious effect that Ferguson was able to produce on them, and the fact that they fell off a cliff the season after that, with essentially the same players, proves it. We, on the other hand, have a team that's just getting going — more than half of this team are around the 22/23 mark, with a huge margin for improvement. So yes: it would be the biggest upset in the history of English football, certainly in the history of the Premier League, if we were not to win it.

To put some context in it, We can realistically lose 6 games between now and the end of the season and still win the league. Our lead is effectively fourteen points, and whilst we have some difficult games, so do United. If we win on Saturday then we'll be fourteen clear with 33 to play for.

It's over, infact it's been over for months will win it by at least 10 points sit back and relax

It's not over until the maths say it is.

We're short on cover and Sterling has been battered. On to the Leicester game. If we beat Leicester, and Utd fail to beat Newcastle then it will be 15 points with 11 games to go.

As it is Utd can get to 92 points so that's our target. 23 points from 12 games. 7 wins, 2 draws, 3 defeats even if Utd win all their games.

Reading this from Kev doesn't make me feel any more confident about those critical 4 games in 10 days...

"I’m going away, it doesn’t matter where. It will do us a lot of good, I was feeling it from the first minute (against Burnley). I’ve said it before: you feel great for 10 games, then you feel OK for 10 games, and then the rest you feel like s**t."
Yes but you think it’s a conspiracy that we can’t play Arsenal during an international break so I’m not too sure you feeling confident or otherwise should unduly worry the rest of us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.