Do you really believe the league is over...?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Blue Mooner, 5 Feb 2018.

1. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

Another 9 points and its ours.

2. Kippaxian

Kippaxian

Where abouts are you? Fly out next Friday. Normally watch the games in J29 on Beach Road in Candolim but if theres a gathering of blues....

3. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    If we beat Arsenal in the League Cup, close out the League and reach at least the semis of the other two, then we might be in a position to talk about quadruples.

4. its grim up north

its grim up north

Happily retired
    South in Cavalossim. Was in Candolim in January. Sports Bar closed up but plenty more showing footie on Beach Road.

5. domalino

domalino

If we lose every league game until April, we'll still be ahead of the rags.

6. karen7

karen7

7. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Economist
    I’ll be honest, if the rags continue to implode and we win the league away to Stoke, I will consider having the entrance to their headquarters draped in rotten meat, splashed with curdled milk, and emblazoned with “SHAME” in pig’s blood.

I was all set to attend the match while I am back next month (will be at the Basel match, thankfully) and then they went and moved it to the ****ing 12th when I have to fly back here.

Now I am carefully monitoring United’s pathetic attempts at playing football (and desperately searching for tickets as I did not jump on Stoke’s site when they went on general sale; don’t have the points for away tickets) just so I can decide in March if I’ll pay the exorbitant fee to change my flight to be sure I am at the match.

8. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    How has he missed the cat twice there when it's that close? Needs to go to fucking Specsavers.

9. karen7

karen7

gotta love a smart puss cat

10. BlueMedic

BlueMedic

United are in second, with 56 points from 27. If they continue that trajectory they get to 79 points roughly. In their remaining 11 games they have City, Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea still to play; they got hammered by each of those teams in the reverse fixtures & were very lucky to get 4 points from 12. It seems unlikely they'll even achieve that points total to me.

I expect United are well into a battle for fourth, would be surprised if they finish 2nd. And them finishing 1st is just not happening.