Do you think we are building up to World War 3?

Information/cyber warfare is where it's at, and it's nothing new. We've been at it since the trenches of WW1 when we intercepted enemy telephone communication lines.

Stuxnet (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet) is a relatively recent foray into cyber warfare where 4 zero day exploits (zde's) were employed to disrupt the Iranian nuclear industry centrifuges.

A zde is effectively the internet equivalent of an extremely precise 1000lb bomb. The sneaky thing with a zde is that you can't do anything about it until you detect it; by which time it is usually too late. They are usually one shot cyber weapons, but occasionally remain undetected and continue to wreak havoc for a number of hours/days/weeks/months (as in the case of Stuxnet).

It's a fair bet that the usual suspects have a bag full of zde's, just waiting for the right time to use them.

Absolutely mind blowing viewing.

best bet get a job in the british antartic survey, safest place on earth in the event of MAD

I wonder if anywhere would be truly ok or it would be curtains for everyone. Obviously everyone wouldn't be nuked and they listed the 10 safest places to be once in the event of nuclear attack and Switzerland was one despite its proximity to obvious targets. New Zealand another. I suppose it depends on the severity of the attack and the nuclear winter that followed. Would the whole sea become contaminated so you couldn't eat fish etc? I think if you paid for a trip to the Maldives, Mauritius just before the attack and booked some extra baggage, you could pack lots of nuts etc and live off them for a few months. I could live off nuts for a while I think with the odd fish thrown in, assuming it wasn't deformed and full of radiation!

Have they got bunkers somewhere like in Terminator 3 where people would live for years until it was safeish to venture out?

Lots of questions! Not enough answers......

Well if it kicks off I'll pick up my daughter hold her tight and walk out into the street to await the bomb, no point in striving there would be nothing left except extreme hardship and a painful death, best to go quick.

Yes I have read up on some of those near misses. Operation Able Archer and the Russian who ignored his screens telling him warheads were on the way and instead going with gut instinct.
It was a Norwegian Rocket launch or something which the Norwegians had forget to tell Anyone about!

The biggest threat for me currently is cyber based. People are getting more switched on to technology by the day and I am sure the hacking prevention teams have a round the clock job to stop this.

I remember watching War Games back in the day as a kid and thinking Christ this could actually really happen! Of course I was young and didn't know better but I think it's still a threat.

Great film that, loved it when I was a
kid and will have to watch it before they all fuck the world up totally.

Would you like a nice game of chess?

Well if it kicks off I'll pick up my daughter hold her tight and walk out into the street to await the bomb, no point in striving there would be nothing left except extreme hardship and a painful death, best to go quick.

You have been watching too much Deep Impact!

I remember in the 80's at school when this was a serious topic of conversation as we got a bit older and the what would you do question was raised...

all the lads were giving it

"I'd go out and shag as many birds as possible in 4 minutes etc etc"

It's laughable when i think back to my youth and realise what a fucking stupid bellend i was!

I wonder if anywhere would be truly ok or it would be curtains for everyone. Obviously everyone wouldn't be nuked and they listed the 10 safest places to be once in the event of nuclear attack and Switzerland was one despite its proximity to obvious targets. New Zealand another. I suppose it depends on the severity of the attack and the nuclear winter that followed. Would the whole sea become contaminated so you couldn't eat fish etc? I think if you paid for a trip to the Maldives, Mauritius just before the attack and booked some extra baggage, you could pack lots of nuts etc and live off them for a few months. I could live off nuts for a while I think with the odd fish thrown in, assuming it wasn't deformed and full of radiation!

Have they got bunkers somewhere like in Terminator 3 where people would live for years until it was safeish to venture out?

Lots of questions! Not enough answers......

Don't know about supper bunkers but I will be jumping the wall at George St

SubterraneanUndergroundManchester-Guardian1.jpg

You have been watching too much Deep Impact!

I remember in the 80's at school when this was a serious topic of conversation as we got a bit older and the what would you do question was raised...

all the lads were giving it

"I'd go out and shag as many birds as possible in 4 minutes etc etc"

It's laughable when i think back to my youth and realise what a fucking stupid bellend i was!
Mate that would be 8 birds for my the don't call me quick draw for nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.