Does anyone remember?

Thanks for that. I've been nursing that particular grievance for about 40 years. I remember watching the Brazil game and putting 2 and 2 together, immediately associating Clive Thomas with our game at the Baseball ground. In my defence, information was harder to come by in those days before we had the internet.
It's easy to get those things mixed up, when I saw Thomas blow for FT in that Brazil game I instantly thought of the Baseball Ground incident 6 months earlier but I already had Civil's name etched in my brain!

It's easy to get those things mixed up, when I saw Thomas blow for FT in that Brazil game I instantly thought of the Baseball Ground incident 6 months earlier but I already had Civil's name etched in my brain!

I'm 'sure' it was half time in the Brazil game ;-)

Who remembers in the same season 77/78 February playing away at Ashton gate 1st division game on a Friday night,brought forward due to the other Bristol club playing at home in the cup the following afternoon.
I remember going to that Friday night game. Seemed strange having a game on a Friday night. As I recall it had been snowing and we were worried it might get called off. No internet then,just a crappy MW car radio constantly swapping stations for any updates on the match going ahead. As someone else has said quite a decent turn out for a Friday night game miles away. I seem to recall it ended 2-2,but I could be wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.