Does anyone still buy a tv license?

I always fall for these...............must learn

That's the spirit. Everytime you buy a pack of fags; a pint, a couple of gallons of diesel you pay your percentage of tax. Don't volunteer for any more.

Do you think Philip Green queues up at hounslow post office for his tv licence.

Or you could just move to North Korea and get your State Propaganda for free.

Comparing the BBC to a state broadcaster in a dictatorship is a ridiculous exaggeration. The BBC is supposed to be impartial, however, there are many occasions when it can be argued it isn't. Whenever I read a comment relating to BBC bias, that bias always opposes the view of the person who made the claim, and this applies to all parts of the political spectrum. There is plenty of non-political programming that is worthy of the 40p a day it costs.

Unless you're very wealthy. Then you can just find ways round paying tax, live in a tax haven or call yourself a company and just pay a bit of corporation tax. As long as you never forget that we're all in this together....

This crap is churned out all the time, however, it is a fact the top 1% of earners pay 27% of income tax receipts. For those of us on PAYE, avoiding/evading tax is not easy. For those running businesses, or earning mega money, tax affairs are more complex and involve the completion of self-assessment forms, and very often the assistance of an accountant. Most people in this position will take steps to minimise their tax liability in many ways, including as you say, by calling themselves a company (like Ken Livingstone did). However, most who do this will still be paying more than you or I.

The vast majority of people with more modest incomes do the same by means fair or foul. Loads of people are happy to pay tradesmen cash, do cash jobs on the side from their normal employment, or buy dodgy imported fags and booze. Anybody with an ISA or savings with NS&I is a tax avoider.

The BBC are a bunch of cunts and I certainly wouldn't pay for their shite if I was in the UK.

Who watches live TV anyway these days other than for sport?

I do,bargain, if you cant find 40 p / day worth of advert free programmes from bbc 1,2, 4 and all the radio stations, you arent looking hard enough.
If you are watching or listening to the programmes and not paying , then pay up, tight gits. What else are you going to do with your £2.80 a week saved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.