Does Britain need nuclear weapons ?

£15bn of that (or more if reports are to be believed) will be used to replace the subs, that work will largely be carried out in the north west and create work for thousands for upwards of 15 years - I approve.

As for the need to nuclear weapons, the reality is you need them if you want to stop one of the following;

Astroid strike
Alien invasion
Aggression from Iran/North Korea/tesco's

I would feel uncomfortable not having a Nuclear deterrent with the likes of N.Korea,Iran and to a certain extent China having them. Yes in all likely hood that will never be used in a war but if they had them and we didn't its alot easier for them to make the choice of firing it. Allies are all good but no one will fire a Nuke to help us as they would have one fired upon them. They are a god awful creation but they are in existence and to not have them would be like pulling your pants down in a nursery

Here it is, folks. The scariest television program you will ever watch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AYMS1po0L8[/youtube]

johnny on the spot said:
Here it is, folks. The scariest television program you will ever watch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AYMS1po0L8[/youtube]
fuck me, the ballerina at the begining looks like she`s got a flange like a ginsters kingsize!

Prestwich_Blue said:
brady0 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Not in my opinion. The strategic threat has changed considerably since the nuclear option was seen as necessary plus we couldn't use them independently anyway. The money could be far better spent elsewhere.

What do you mean by this mate? Is Trident a joint venture?
The subs are ours but the missiles themselves are American. The warheads are built in the UK but are largely copies of the US equivalents. Supposedly there is no US veto on the use of the weapons but most people would take that with a pinch of salt.
this is quite some way wide of the truth.

Gelsons Dad said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
brady0 said:
The subs are ours but the missiles themselves are American. The warheads are built in the UK but are largely copies of the US equivalents. Supposedly there is no US veto on the use of the weapons but most people would take that with a pinch of salt.

I had always believed it to be a joint venture in the design and make of the missiles

Gelsons Dad said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
brady0 said:

So what is the truth ?

If we kept our nose out of other countries affairs we would have no need for them.

As long as the UK govt. keeps thinking we are a major world power we have to have them.

Challenger1978 said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

So what is the truth ?

You can't handle the truth.

i think ye should get them, the irish have been increasing the mass production of supermac s plastic cutlery,i am talking seriously sharp knives and forks. oh sure you can all laugh now on your little stools but don t say i didn t warn you !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.