Does Mark Hughes deserve the best managers job in Europe?

CBlue said:
Dogs Knob said:
What makes you think the City job is attractive? Aside from the money, the jobs almost as bad as Newcastle's.

Seriously how can you claim your club is an attractive one to manage when people's heads are being called for because of the near impossible targets that have been set.

Running a little scared are we? You want us to keep Hughes because you know that he's a shit manager & therefore won't be challenging you too soon with him in charge.

There have been no "near impossible targets" set - unless you know better? Perhaps you are right because with the squad he currently has it would be near impossible for for him to get us relegated - but he's having a good go. His head is being called for because he isn't even meeting basic targets.

Now fuck off & get back to colouring in pictures of your favourite tranny.

Huh? Is there any need for that internet tough guy - its called constructive criticism, i dont have any idea if Hughes is or isn't good enough to be city's manager - but I guess neither will you if you sack him after such a short space a time.

moomba said:
PaulC1979 said:
Moomba, but how many managers actually do this? The top level managers move between the top level clubs, clubs where 'crisis' consists of coming 2nd in the league and not winning the CL. We're no where near the level Chelsea were at when Jose took over there, we're not even at the Ranieri level of progression! People seem to think we'll get a big name manager and immediately be challenging for honours. What happens if we still underachieve? Boot them out too?

I honestly think we are in a unique position at the moment, you're top level jobs don't become available every day and we have a whole lot to offer a big name manager. Great facilities (will no doubt be the best in the world in very near future), a whole lot of cash to spend and the chance to manage some of the top players in the world in the very near future. The salary we will offer the right person will probably be better than they could get anywhere else, and I actually think there will be less pressure in the early stages than you would get at one of the "big" clubs.

Not an unfair point, but, I still don't think you'd get anyone now. Most people seem to want Jose, would he come now? Even if we offered a very large sum of cash I still think he'd say "I'll see you in the summer". He'll be relishing the tie with the Rags and I think he'll want to try and win the CL and Serie A with Inter just so he can say a big 'F**k you' to the Inter fans who don't like him. He has that kind of ego! He will leave Inter due to the fans not liking him fact, but he may not come here even then. The only thing to possibly tempt him now would be if we are really about to sign Villa, Kaka etc ....

moomba said:
And I seriously doubt anyone thinks a big name manager is all we need to start challenging for honours

Perhaps a bit OTT, but you've read some of the threads on here right! I mean our managers and players (apart from the odd seemingly favs) get about 3 matches (if that) and if they're not looking good enough are written off. If it were up to most on here Ireland would have been shown the door last year.

CBlue said:
I am a loser, so I try to start e-fight's with United fans (even if they are sensible) to make me feel like I've achieved something in life.

I think the above is what you were trying to say.

PaulC1979 said:
Not an unfair point, but, I still don't think you'd get anyone now. Most people seem to want Jose, would he come now? Even if we offered a very large sum of cash I still think he'd say "I'll see you in the summer". He'll be relishing the tie with the Rags and I think he'll want to try and win the CL and Serie A with Inter just so he can say a big 'F**k you' to the Inter fans who don't like him. He has that kind of ego! He will leave Inter due to the fans not liking him fact, but he may not come here even then. The only thing to possibly tempt him now would be if we are really about to sign Villa, Kaka etc ....

I agree, if someone was to come in summer would be the most likely time. And I do doubt that Jose would give up the glamour tie of the chumps league too easily. End of the year, I'm not convinvced he'll stay at Inter so you start to look at what his other options are.

*singingtheblues* said:
Ric said:
Call me a traditionalist, but I'd say the jobs at Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are still more prestiguous jobs than Manchester bloody City.

I was waiting for someone to throw the rags managerial position at me. Coming from you Ric makes it all the more abhorrent, and plain hurtful. I feel asthough God has slept with my girlfriend and then slapped me across the face with the sodden condom.

:(

God used a condom ?

moomba said:
PaulC1979 said:

I agree, if someone was to come in summer would be the most likely time. And I do doubt that Jose would give up the glamour tie of the chumps league too easily. End of the year, I'm not convinvced he'll stay at Inter so you start to look at what his other options are.

I very much doubt he'll stay at Inter. So if we're interested we should be looking at making a deal now (rumours are we have and he's not interested, but I would never stake anything on rumours). If we can't get a top name until the summer (Jose or not) do we get rid of Hughes now or not? If we do, who exactly do we bring in for half a season? Who makes the January signings?

On a lighter note, did anyone see the interview with Viera where he said Jose loves players who give 100% in training, if you don't give 100% in training you do not play. Let's send him a DVD of Vass! That guy would be Mourinho's training wet dream!!!! May get him here quicker.

PaulC1979 said:
I very much doubt he'll stay at Inter. So if we're interested we should be looking at making a deal now (rumours are we have and he's not interested, but I would never stake anything on rumours). If we can't get a top name until the summer (Jose or not) do we get rid of Hughes now or not? If we do, who exactly do we bring in for half a season? Who makes the January signings?

I'm still prepared to wait and give Hughes the chance to get things right. Even if it becomes obvious that a replacement will be needed I'd look at leaving him in the job until the end of the year provided we're clear of relegation trouble and the conflicts between manager and players don't become untenable.

On a lighter note, did anyone see the interview with Viera where he said Jose loves players who give 100% in training, if you don't give 100% in training you do not play. Let's send him a DVD of Vass! That guy would be Mourinho's training wet dream!!!! May get him here quicker.

Ha ha. I remember he really forced Joe Cole to change his game around and put a lot more effort in defensively. It improved him as a footballer immensely, maybe he could have that sort of impact with someone like Elano who is as talented as Cole (more capable IMO) but maybe needs a bit of a push to fully realise that talent.

Dogs Knob said:
CBlue said:
I am a loser, so I try to start e-fight's with United fans (even if they are sensible) to make me feel like I've achieved something in life.

I think the above is what you were trying to say.

No. No, it wasn't. Once again you are wrong.

Is being sensible suggesting that our manager has been set "near impossible targets"? Or would trolling be a better description?

Do you feel the need to come on a City board & try & wind-up City fans? Is this your life's ambition?

moomba said:
PaulC1979 said:

I'm still prepared to wait and give Hughes the chance to get things right. Even if it becomes obvious that a replacement will be needed I'd look at leaving him in the job until the end of the year provided we're clear of relegation trouble and the conflicts between manager and players don't become untenable.

Ha ha. I remember he really forced Joe Cole to change his game around and put a lot more effort in defensively. It improved him as a footballer immensely, maybe he could have that sort of impact with someone like Elano who is as talented as Cole (more capable IMO) but maybe needs a bit of a push to fully realise that talent.

We seem to be on the same wave length here. We desperately need 5 new signings minimum in January, we need to balance the team badly. Having no manager will leave us floundering in no mans land and we'll end up possibly worst off. I do believe, that as you say, player relations don't completely collapse, that if Hughes balances the team out we won't get relegated. As long as it doesn't descend too deep into relegation trouble, sort it out in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.