Dog training/Behaviour

Eyes like a hawk mate, as soon as you see them looking for a spot, loud noises, clapping, not angry just talk loud, clapping hands 'wee wee back door' or similar shuffling towards the front/back door. Dog's are like us, they like to go to the bog in peace anywhere that is ruined they will learn to avoid fast. Two days if you are really diligent bud.

As he is new he may be timid though so walk him/her around to the corners of the garden, show them their new territory. not the ideal time of year but needs must and all that.

What is the dogs nature, calm and timid etc etc?
This. It's the owners job to clock when they're teeing up for a waz and respond accordingly. Pick him up if necessary and put him on the grass - lots of praise in a squeaky voice and a treat afterwards. Too many idiots punish animals for bad behaviour instead of rewarding good behaviour. Also don't put newspapers down (unless it's the Sun/Mail) a dog should get used to grass only putting paper down confuses them.
Failing this get a goldfish.

Don't make a fuss when he does it. Don't clean it up straight away leave it for a few minutes. Cleaning it up straight away show him he's got you're attention.

When you take him out you have to be patient and just stand around and not interact with him. Once he does do it outside give him lots of praise an a treat. Also when he's doing his stuff us a trigger word.

I know your pain as have a 5 month old Manchester Terrier who likes to have a dump at the bottom of the stairs.

Also when you clean up the mess don't use normal cleaner as this won't get rid on the enzymes and he will just go again in those places. You can buy special spray from pets at home or use biological cleaners.

My brother @Machiavelli hehe, i edited that post to that focuses what you say about feeling punished. Make them feel it is not directly attributed to them (loud noise putting them off) so you have time to do what you say, praise them for going outside.

My brother @Machiavelli hehe, i edited that post to that focuses what you say about feeling punished. Make them feel it is not directly attributed to them (loud noise putting them off) so you have time to do what you say, praise them for going outside.
Sound advice mate, they're a lot less complicated than kids but you can't give your dogs to social services if you fancy fucking off to Benidorm for a fortnight. ;-D

Don't make a fuss when he does it. Don't clean it up straight away leave it for a few minutes. Cleaning it up straight away show him he's got you're attention.

When you take him out you have to be patient and just stand around and not interact with him. Once he does do it outside give him lots of praise an a treat. Also when he's doing his stuff us a trigger word.

I know your pain as have a 5 month old Manchester Terrier who likes to have a dump at the bottom of the stairs.

Also when you clean up the mess don't use normal cleaner as this won't get rid on the enzymes and he will just go again in those places. You can buy special spray from pets at home or use biological cleaners.
Agree with this

Eyes like a hawk mate, as soon as you see them looking for a spot, loud noises, clapping, not angry just talk loud, clapping hands 'wee wee back door' or similar shuffling towards the front/back door. Do not make eye contact as they will see it as focused to them aka punishment for wanting to go toilet. Dog's are like us, they like to go to the bog in peace anywhere that is ruined they will learn to avoid fast. Two days if you are really diligent bud.

As he is new he may be timid though so walk him/her around to the corners of the garden, show them their new territory. not the ideal time of year but needs must and all that.

What is the dogs nature, calm and timid etc etc?
Yes pal really playful placid really lovely dog apart from his toilet habits

Thanks for the sound advice lads hoping things will start improving otherwise the kebab house might be a good idea

Sound advice mate, they're a lot less complicated than kids but you can't give your dogs to social services if you fancy fucking off to Benidorm for a fortnight. ;-D
pmsl you tight bastard

@Indaparkside just post back if you are stuck at all because a well trained dog is a happy dog, knows his place, his safe place, his fav poop area etc, they love routine do yorkies to the point they will tell you when its xyz time quite often hehe.

When i was a kid a neighbour had a yorkie and we could hear them talking as it was the suburbs so over the fence chatting was prevalent. Anyway this little chap was a right stickler for punctuality, fuck knows how he knew every day but just about bang on every single day you would hear her in the morning 'not yet..,.ok ok ill do it' same thing at night, this was accompanied by a plastic sounding dish hitting tiles often. turns out this fella would not let you breathe if you forgot it was dindins or weewee's dropping his bowl right in front of you every step you took. It was a case of do your job human or i'll make sure you do, used to make me laugh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.