Dog training/Behaviour

I've just bought a pug 2 weeks ago and had the same issue for about 3-4 days. My dog tends to do a few circles before he pisses or shits so look out for any signs he's about to go. If he goes inside don't get angry at him, dogs respond to positive reinforcement; simply carry him outside to the spot in your yard where you want him to go. If he goes outside, make a big deal out of it and give him treats, a few hugs and tell him he's a good boy.

If he's shitting/pissing during the night, make sure you take him outside for 15-20 mins just before his bedtime to try and get him to go.

Some great advice on here, although talking to the dog like your'e Joe Pas-fucking-Skwarley sounds a bit extreme.

Help needed folkes bought a little Yorkie poo one year old the previous owners must of let him piss/ shit in the house etc and he's brought those habits here I've tried everything we leave the back door open but he waits till you've shut it then proceeds to piss in the kitchen final straw he shit in our daughters bedroom with him being small it is only a bit but feel like killing him know it's not his fault as he's probably got away with it before we got him and yes we do take him for walks any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Put himoutside after every meal and when he wakes up. Restrict his movement to one or 2 rooms and have newspaper down. every time he uses it give him a treat. if he's not on the paper a firm, 'No' whilst he's pissing.
Some dogs also prefer a cat litter tray to piss in.

I so want a dog. Husband not convinced though. Not getting the hint when I'm looking at Cocker Spaniel puppies on the internet every night.

Even this thread doesn't put me off

my dog isn’t allowed upstairs, he has a morning walk, and a 2 hour evening walk. He never does a 1 or 2 in the house, he’s 5 and trained. Today I left the door to upstairs open, and he filled his boots. Ripped a bin and it’s contents to bits, did a number next to the bed, and in front of the shower. What is he trying to say!

I know something was up when I got home, he’s always happy to see me but he went nuts today, almost to happy!!

my dog isn’t allowed upstairs, he has a morning walk, and a 2 hour evening walk. He never does a 1 or 2 in the house, he’s 5 and trained. Today I left the door to upstairs open, and he filled his boots. Ripped a bin and it’s contents to bits, did a number next to the bed, and in front of the shower. What is he trying to say!

I know something was up when I got home, he’s always happy to see me but he went nuts today, almost to happy!!

That he doesn't necessarily enjoy playing by your rules? That he took an opportunity to do what he prefers?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.