Don Price's new book - ''We Never Win At Home & We Never Win Away'' now on Kindle (P12)

No offence caused I hope?
None at all mate if you knew me i dont do offended lol .it great to hear all points of views negatives as well as posotives whatever cover we put out not every one would agree .
Same with book reviews .you could get a 100 giving 5 star and 5 or 6 giving 1 star each to there own mate but your opinion is apreciated

I know the saying goes; never judge a book by its cover, but dear god that cover looks awful.
You should have seen the other choices! ha ha
I like it.... had to have Maine Road on the front but equally we are now into our 14th season in our 'new' stadium (when is a new stadium no longer a new stadium?) and a stadium that has already etched itself into football folklore.
The only thing I do not feel comfortable with, is the word 'legendary'. I don't feel I am a 'legendary fan' (Big Helen is, but I'm not) and I'd rather have seen the word ''well known'' or ''best known'' - but I can live with the cover as it is!

Not saying the fans are legends it is aobut the stories from the fans that are legendary.and once people read the book most will agree the stories are absolutley legendary

I can't believe don price has got a book out, he could hardly string a sentence together at the prestwich and Whitefield meetings, albeit he was half pissed at most of them.
Looking forward to getting it.

Many thanks Gary .with all the costs involved there is no chance of me makung a profit and next to no chance of breaking even.
I did it because i was pasionate about it and as it is written by City fans for City fans i feeliit is unique i treated it like a hobby and hobbies. cost money but i really wanted to get the fans points across .all of the stories are just brilliant and it is great gettung the views of ordinay fans across .Most of the stories are being told for the first time so it is really fresh it starts in the 50s and goes right up to the present day .what comes across strongly was how shit the fans were treated back in the day .look forward ro what you think of it Gary once you read it regards Don

So no retainer for me for suggesting the title. :) Never mind but good luck with it. Tough world books and records in this era.

Thanks Gary
Absolutely spot on in encouraging others to write - although one thing to add is please do not write in the expectation you will make money! I have never written to make money (as Gary will testify, publishers aren't usually the most generous of givers!) but because I wanted the message getting out there and writing is a labour of love.

I was one of the proof readers for Don's book and with many of the stories from fans in there, it is vital to get these stories out and from the horses mouth. Many of those contributing to it (myself included) are all the wrong side of 50 and once we have departed, our memories go with us, so in writing them down, they are there forever in print first hand.
@oakiecokie chapter is one of the best - great read from a tale set in 1970
Thanks mate.Cheques in the post. ;)

I can't believe don price has got a book out, he could hardly string a sentence together at the prestwich and Whitefield meetings, albeit he was half pissed at most of them.
Looking forward to getting it.
Ha Ha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.