Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/23/trump-supporter-interviews-phoenix-arizona-rally

Worth a read to try to understand his appeal to many millions of Americans.

Look at those fucking numpties with little more to say then endless repetitions of the phrase "politically correct". What does it even mean? What is this big bad demon that is "political correctness"? They wouldn't even be able to answer if you asked them. When you push the people who use this phrase on both sides of the atlantic, they um and err and make some vague trite comments which basically mean "I want to be able to be nasty about who I want".

The demon doesn't exist. There are no straight bananas. Nobody celebrates "Winterval". White kids don't pray to Mecca. England is still as English as it ever was and I'm sure the good ole USA is still as apple pie as it ever was when you look beneath the scaremongering of simpletons.

It was easier when the racists didn't attempt to hide their inner feelings without trying to dress those feelings up as anything but good old racism.

64 million people are racist and simple in voting for trump. Ok then.they are all wrong and you are right.

Life is just like that.

I seriously don't get the yanks obsession with their flag and the national anthem. Trump starting yet another Twitter war about black players refusing to stand for the national anthem in protest against the police murdering people (as is their right) and other players and owners joined in as a sign of solidarity (again as is their right) and the president and the whole fucking country goes mental over it. I just don't get it. It's a fucking flag, it's a fucking bit of shit music, you just happened to be born on that bit of land instead of another by pure pot luck yet they go fucking ape shit if anyone "disrespects their country". They love going on about freedom but athletes doing a peaceful protest during a bit of shit music? No that's unforgivable.

They have a weirdly messed up relationship with the flag, kids swear allegiance to it every day at school, so it's easy to see why it can have an impact.

I seriously don't get the yanks obsession with their flag and the national anthem.

But the flag* was still there! Washington D.C. wasn't. That was a smouldering pile of charcoal. But the flag was.

* The American Govt wishes to make clear that no claim is made, implied or suggested, that the physical entity "the flag" was preserved in its entirety throughout the period between sunset and sunrise. The term "flag" may refer to one or more articles having a similar design and purpose.

Trump tweets on NFL: 10
Trump tweets on PR: 0

Says it all really doesn't it?! Then again, PR is Hispanic! Thank god there is an ocean between there and the US, otherwise we might need a wall!
(And, yes, I'm being sarcastic, because even if there was a wall, they could walk right through it because it is America!)

There is some thought that he has created this furor this weekend because the last gasp attempt to repeal ACA is DOA. Vote is supposed to be Weds, so we will see, but so far even the hospitals and insurers have come out and said it is BS, even though it will save $150+B over 10 years....which will then be repurposed for tax breaks for the rich and corporations. Transparent rich white arseholes...take money from the health care of the poor and indigent and put it into the pockets and offshore accounts of the rich white males who keep them in power! Shocker..NOT! This is what pay to play politics looks like when a pay to play President is in office.

This latest attempt will simply shift the burden to the States, where Republicans want everything, because they now control the vast majority of Governorships, who are like Presidents of their State. They see the demographics, understand what it means long term for their beliefs, and are trying to dramatically change the playing field so they still control the country. Pricks and bad, bad losers!
NFL tweets up to 18 plus 3 retweets.
He's broken his duck on PR with 3 tweets on how poor their infrastructure was and how indebted they are to Wall Street. Really helpful.
It's only Hispanics though.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/23/trump-supporter-interviews-phoenix-arizona-rally

Worth a read to try to understand his appeal to many millions of Americans.

There are a lot of articles about trying to understand Trump's appeal or is he losing his core support (spoiler: not really) blah, blah yet oddly there were hardly any articles about trying to understand Obama's support. No reporting from 'Obama country' or why he did (and still does) appeal to 'millions of Americans'. Is that a white/black thing or just that Obama was a normal functioning person with qualities such as empathy or the ability to act calm in a crisis so no need to analyse whereas Trump is so obviously lacking in these qualities, not to mention judgement, then clearly anyone supporting such a flawed individual is worthy of study.

As to why Trumo gets support? My guess is fear and resentment. What was it LBJ said? "If you can convince the lowest white man that he is better than the best black man he won't notice you picking his pockets - hell he will even help you do it". Now it's the Blacks and Latinoes that 'get all the attention'. Look at these 'ungrateful' black players kneeling and disrespecting my country. Everything is seen through a prism of their own grievances and prejudices. It's never achowledged why they are doing what they do or if there is a valid reason as to what they are doing. It's just they are 'ungrateful' which I guess is the new 'uppity'.

There was a fascinating interview with a young black woman who spent some time in a rural all white small town and it was to her just plain weird. There was no overt prejudice indeed the opposite mostly. But they had strange ideas like all black people get free college education paid for by the Govt. Same on health care. They resented this and by extension a little resentful of her 'good fortune'. She did say neither of this was true but they didn't believe it. The idea this is what happened was deep rooted. They didn't get free college education. They didn't get free healthcare indeed some got barely any healthcare. Yet it's rural white America so they vote Republican who are the ones are largely responsible for their shitty healthcare or substandard education in the first place. So they get shat on, go home and stew in front of Fox News.

Same happens here. Country has run out of money so who do we blame? Benefit cheats. In fact let's run a program on TV on benefit cheats gaming the system and outrage the nation. We can sit in front of our TV sets and feel 'superior' to some 'sink estate chav' and don't notice our 'pockets being picked' or that some bloke who can barely walk is now declared fit to be a labourer.

Anyway I digressed a bit. Time for a spot of lunch.

No one is disrepesting the flag. It's the president they're now disrespecting.

There are a lot of articles about trying to understand Trump's appeal or is he losing his core support (spoiler: not really) blah, blah yet oddly there were hardly any articles about trying to understand Obama's support. No reporting from 'Obama country' or why he did (and still does) appeal to 'millions of Americans'. Is that a white/black thing or just that Obama was a normal functioning person with qualities such as empathy or the ability to act calm in a crisis so no need to analyse whereas Trump is so obviously lacking in these qualities, not to mention judgement, then clearly anyone supporting such a flawed individual is worthy of study.

As to why Trumo gets support? My guess is fear and resentment. What was it LBJ said? "If you can convince the lowest white man that he is better than the best black man he won't notice you picking his pockets - hell he will even help you do it". Now it's the Blacks and Latinoes that 'get all the attention'. Look at these 'ungrateful' black players kneeling and disrespecting my country. Everything is seen through a prism of their own grievances and prejudices. It's never achowledged why they are doing what they do or if there is a valid reason as to what they are doing. It's just they are 'ungrateful' which I guess is the new 'uppity'.

There was a fascinating interview with a young black woman who spent some time in a rural all white small town and it was to her just plain weird. There was no overt prejudice indeed the opposite mostly. But they had strange ideas like all black people get free college education paid for by the Govt. Same on health care. They resented this and by extension a little resentful of her 'good fortune'. She did say neither of this was true but they didn't believe it. The idea this is what happened was deep rooted. They didn't get free college education. They didn't get free healthcare indeed some got barely any healthcare. Yet it's rural white America so they vote Republican who are the ones are largely responsible for their shitty healthcare or substandard education in the first place. So they get shat on, go home and stew in front of Fox News.

Same happens here. Country has run out of money so who do we blame? Benefit cheats. In fact let's run a program on TV on benefit cheats gaming the system and outrage the nation. We can sit in front of our TV sets and feel 'superior' to some 'sink estate chav' and don't notice our 'pockets being picked' or that some bloke who can barely walk is now declared fit to be a labourer.

Anyway I digressed a bit. Time for a spot of lunch.

Should have been 100%, but I took 10% of the internet win for digressing...

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.