Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see he's only just mentioned the Green berets who got killed the other week. Even fuckin politicised it saying no other presidents phoned the parents up or wrote letters. To which he was corrected. what a fuckin monster he is.

Edit. This has just been mentioned.

All of this was 100 pct predictable. All you needed to do was put whatever your political persuasion and emotions are aside, do 2-3 hours of reading about his 25+ years in public life, and you never in a million years would have pulled the lever for him, ever. Anyone defending him now is simply engaging in lame self-protection for his/her own uninformed decision. Unfortunately that's also a natural human tendency. Even Haldeman and Erlichman didn't let some of Nixon's wildest law-breaking schemes get out of the Oval Office but we are dealing with a whole new level of lunacy here. We will come closer to a staff coup than Watergate, which was pretty close if you believe the insiders' statements after the fact. Republican leadership is going to abandon him sooner rather than later.

All of this was 100 pct predictable. All you needed to do was put whatever your political persuasion and emotions are aside, do 2-3 hours of reading about his 25+ years in public life, and you never in a million years would have pulled the lever for him, ever. Anyone defending him now is simply engaging in lame self-protection for his/her own uninformed decision. Unfortunately that's also a natural human tendency. Even Haldeman and Erlichman didn't let some of Nixon's wildest law-breaking schemes get out of the Oval Office but we are dealing with a whole new level of lunacy here. We will come closer to a staff coup than Watergate, which was pretty close if you believe the insiders' statements after the fact. Republican leadership is going to abandon him sooner rather than later.

I really think people knew he was not some business guru. His one plus point was the fact he is, or was, non establishment. His main narrative was "fuck the bollocks i will sort this country out". To many that felt like focusing on bringing jobs to the midwest and real jobs in general and not the pandering to tech that Obama did.

They took a chance, it backfired largely. For example i do not see Lockhead Martin moaning. Possibly due to John Rood being promoted to top policy expert, vice president of Lockhead international. Funnily enough i bet their "defence" contracts are going through like silk on oil. This would be an example of the lobbyists running the show, one of the main things people wanted gone.

I would suggest many who voted to instigate proper reform in how the US government fundamentally operates at the lobby level still would not have Hillary but would just throw their hands up now seeing no option worth voting for. I may be wrong but i feel reasonably confident many feel that way.

Every. Fucking. Day.

And, more embarrassing by the day.

He is the King of Obfuscation and Misdirection away from the obvious weakness under the microscope at any given time! Fake news!

I read Watergate by Fred Emery again recently, which is the most detailed book on it I ever found. The parallels between Trump and Nixon are amazing, much more than coincidence. He seems to be paralleling himself on him. The paranoia, the creation of hate figures, publishing of fake news and manipulation of facts, the Madman approach to foreign policy, siege mentality. Its crazy, has to be stopped. It took decades to recover from Watergate and he is doing it all again

I read Watergate by Fred Emery again recently, which is the most detailed book on it I ever found. The parallels between Trump and Nixon are amazing, much more than coincidence. He seems to be paralleling himself on him. The paranoia, the creation of hate figures, publishing of fake news and manipulation of facts, the Madman approach to foreign policy, siege mentality. Its crazy, has to be stopped. It took decades to recover from Watergate and he is doing it all again
If you look at Nixon's record you'll find that he had some significant achievements that were obviously tarnished by Watergate. Trump appears to modelling himself just on all the negative aspects of Nixon although I'd say he is doing it unwittingly due to his apparent lack of any insight into anything. Whilst Nixon was crooked, compared to Trump that era can be looked back as one of great achievements. From his Wiki page:
Nixon ended American involvement in the war in Vietnam in 1973 and brought the American POWs home, and ended the military draft. Nixon's visit to the People's Republic of China in 1972 eventually led to diplomatic relations between the two nations, and he initiated détente and the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty with the Soviet Union the same year. His administration generally transferred power from Washington D.C. to the states. He imposed wage and price controls for ninety days, enforced desegregation of Southern schools and established the Environmental Protection Agency. Nixon also presided over the Apollo 11 moon landing, which signaled the end of the moon race. He was reelected in one of the largest electoral landslides in U.S. history in 1972 when he defeated George McGovern.

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner—and to lie about how previous presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers—is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office, and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this president should be ashamed, because they know better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.”

The coach of San Antonio Spurs sums it up quite eloquently.

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner—and to lie about how previous presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers—is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office, and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this president should be ashamed, because they know better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.”

The coach of San Antonio Spurs sums it up quite eloquently.
Fantastic

Don't know how the east coast is putting up with this idiot. I would want separation from the red neck states.

If you look at Nixon's record you'll find that he had some significant achievements that were obviously tarnished by Watergate. Trump appears to modelling himself just on all the negative aspects of Nixon although I'd say he is doing it unwittingly due to his apparent lack of any insight into anything. Whilst Nixon was crooked, compared to Trump that era can be looked back as one of great achievements. From his Wiki page:

Nixon asked the then leader of South Vietnam to withdraw from the Oaris peace talks to undermine the democrat candidate who wanted to end the war.

He started off his whole presidency by asking a foreign power to act in his favour.

Sound like anyone we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.