Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
The anger of being passed over by the world -- by technology, by other peoples, by a new consensus on what a proper "value system" or belief set should be -- has to create incredible anger and resentment among those who feel part of that group.
So they vote in a bloke that loves bragging about his wealth? Silly sausages.

So they vote in a bloke that loves bragging about his wealth? Silly sausages.

I can't disagree. That is the depth of their hopelessness, their feeling of powerlessness. It's why I can't get behind this idea that all his supporters are racists or dumbshits. I understand their anger.

Now had they done their homework they'd have realized that this self-aggrandizing, long-tied asswipe was no solution to their problems, and if they continue to defend him despite his behavior set as President then they are just trying to rationalize their own bad decision, or have their fingers in their ears.

But actually, I'm not sure what he does or accomplishes is even relevant to them -- "they won", as they so often bring up, and for four years at least they can point to the scoreboard. After so much time in which they've felt like losers, maybe just winning once is what mattered most.

What a fucking idiotic statement.

Firstly you assume that no one should give a fuck as to the plight of others. He’s made healthcare unaffordable to millions. One may as well never comment or give opinion on any matter outside the country you reside in. Mugabe? Fuck it, it’s his country, no point getting wound up about it. “He’s invaded Poland has he? Not my problem.”

Second, the most powerful man in the world is someone that can influence a great deal that affects not just his forsaken citizens but the rest of the world as well. He’s pulled out of the Paris treaty on climate change endangering the future of everyone’s kids and grand kids. He’s taken apart at the seams the EPA. He’s in the pocket of the NRA and he’s a narcissistic **** which isn’t of itself an issue that affects me, but it does when he’s picking a Twitter fight with another lunatic who does have access to nuclear weapons and a thin skin.

To say “it’s a bit of a laugh” and ignore every major failing because “you kind of like him” just enables every other fucker to see you as someone who is obviously a fucking moron.
Resorting to name calling eh. If anything, that makes you the moron, and a bit of a ****. For some reason you've adopted an incredibly bullying tone with anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion.

Endangering everyone's future, Jesus Christ, dry your fucking knickers. He's here for 4 years, maybe 8 (I doubt he'll get in again), if you genuinely believe those 4 years are the end of the world, then you're a tool.

Resorting to name calling eh. If anything, that makes you the moron, and a bit of a ****. For some reason you've adopted an incredibly bullying tone with anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion.

Endangering everyone's future, Jesus Christ, dry your fucking knickers. He's here for 4 years, maybe 8 (I doubt he'll get in again), if you genuinely believe those 4 years are the end of the world, then you're a tool.
Good job you avoided the name calling to avoid being “a bit of a ****” eh or the irony would have been delicious.

I’ve obviously struck a nerve and if you’re too thick to understand the tipping point vis a vis climate change then that’s on you and not me.

You decidedly chose to ignore the other points regarding having an opinion on things that don’t affect you directly I see but that’s ok, some people are obviously empathetically challenged and couldn’t give a fuck “so long as it’s a bit of a laugh”, so who gives a fuck about a woman’s right to chose to poor people having the luxury of medical assistance.

If you want to come on a thread where some people have strong views and disagree with them with such Mensa grade reasoning as it’s “a bit of a laugh” and “he’s enjoying himself” then don’t be surprised when people think you’re a fucking moron and tell you so. If that makes you feel bullied then log yourself off and go and have a bubble bath.

I can't disagree. That is the depth of their hopelessness, their feeling of powerlessness. It's why I can't get behind this idea that all his supporters are racists or dumbshits. I understand their anger.

Now had they done their homework they'd have realized that this self-aggrandizing, long-tied asswipe was no solution to their problems, and if they continue to defend him despite his behavior set as President then they are just trying to rationalize their own bad decision, or have their fingers in their ears.

But actually, I'm not sure what he does or accomplishes is even relevant to them -- "they won", as they so often bring up, and for four years at least they can point to the scoreboard. After so much time in which they've felt like losers, maybe just winning once is what mattered most.

You're probably not wrong. But I also think they largely don't give a shit about anyone other than themselves so my sympathy is muted. Besides what have they 'won'? It's not as if Trump gives a crap and so far nothing of substance has been achieved. You can point to a Supreme Court nominee and a slew of barely qualified Federal judges but that's standard Republican politics. Beyond that you have nothing.

Abroad he gets played like a mark. The Chinese and Saudi's flatter the shit out of him and then lead him round by the nose. Putin can't even be bothered to cover for him. Case in point Trump has 5 mins with Putin on this last trip and insists he asked several times about Russian meddling. He says Putin told him he didn't meddle and he believes him and his own CIA and FBI are 'political hacks'. Kremlin then issue a statement saying the issue never came up in the chat. Meanwhile Tillerson is hacking his own State Dept down to the bone with diplomatic talent leaving in droves weakening American influence. If that's 'winning' for a Trump voter then you left with the conclusion they are dumbshits. Wait until Trump and the Republicans stick it to them on the tax bill. They'll think it's Christmas with all that 'winning'.

Strip out the bombast and outright lying and you are left with a gaping nothing. Trump has to be one of the weakest President's in a long while. He lost the popular vote by 3m. He can't get his agenda through - not that he has an agenda other than MAGA which is just an empty slogan - and world leaders treat him like an idiot child. I mean if that's what America wants then by all means go for it. It's their country, their choice and all that. Just leave us out it.

Good job you avoided the name calling to avoid being “a bit of a ****” eh or the irony would have been delicious.

I’ve obviously struck a nerve and if you’re too thick to understand the tipping point vis a vis climate change then that’s on you and not me.

You decidedly chose to ignore the other points regarding having an opinion on things that don’t affect you directly I see but that’s ok, some people are obviously empathetically challenged and couldn’t give a fuck “so long as it’s a bit of a laugh”, so who gives a fuck about a woman’s right to chose to poor people having the luxury of medical assistance.

If you want to come on a thread where some people have strong views and disagree with them with such Mensa grade reasoning as it’s “a bit of a laugh” and “he’s enjoying himself” then don’t be surprised when people think you’re a fucking moron and tell you so. If that makes you feel bullied then log yourself off and go and have a bubble bath.
Again, you're just proving what a tool you are. What a sad lonely little boy you are. you can't even see the irony of your first sentence. Don't start name calling then wet your knickers when you're called on it.

Again, you're just proving what a tool you are. What a sad lonely little boy you are. you can't even see the irony of your first sentence. Don't start name calling then wet your knickers when you're called on it.
He’s right though. Anyone who thinks the world’s largest carbon producer pulling out of the climate change agreement and ratcheting up tension with a nuclear armed nutter is a bit of a laugh probably isn’t the brightest.

I didn’t wet my knickers you tart. I pointed out the irony of you complaining about me doing so and then proceeding to do the same but many times over. You aren’t bright at all if even that went over your head.

And again you decide not to address the points regarding empathy for people when one isn’t personally affected not to mention carbon emissions and the Paris treaty nor ratcheting tensions with North Korea, a nuclear power, and over fucking Twitter no less.

You’re out of your depth in a puddle in this thread and all you’re doing is ignoring the points and throwing the toys out of the pram because I called you an idiot.

And for the record, I’m ecstatic and happily married. I don’t get my “laughs” from watching a Billionaire reduce his tax burden whilst taking medical aid away from 20m of the poorest Americans. If you think that’s funny because it doesn’t affect you then I’d say it’s you who is fucking sad.

Last edited:
You're probably not wrong. But I also think they largely don't give a shit about anyone other than themselves so my sympathy is muted. Besides what have they 'won'? It's not as if Trump gives a crap and so far nothing of substance has been achieved. You can point to a Supreme Court nominee and a slew of barely qualified Federal judges but that's standard Republican politics. Beyond that you have nothing.

Abroad he gets played like a mark. The Chinese and Saudi's flatter the shit out of him and then lead him round by the nose. Putin can't even be bothered to cover for him. Case in point Trump has 5 mins with Putin on this last trip and insists he asked several times about Russian meddling. He says Putin told him he didn't meddle and he believes him and his own CIA and FBI are 'political hacks'. Kremlin then issue a statement saying the issue never came up in the chat. Meanwhile Tillerson is hacking his own State Dept down to the bone with diplomatic talent leaving in droves weakening American influence. If that's 'winning' for a Trump voter then you left with the conclusion they are dumbshits. Wait until Trump and the Republicans stick it to them on the tax bill. They'll think it's Christmas with all that 'winning'.

Strip out the bombast and outright lying and you are left with a gaping nothing. Trump has to be one of the weakest President's in a long while. He lost the popular vote by 3m. He can't get his agenda through - not that he has an agenda other than MAGA which is just an empty slogan - and world leaders treat him like an idiot child. I mean if that's what America wants then by all means go for it. It's their country, their choice and all that. Just leave us out it.

Don’t disagree with much of that. As I said, what they “won” was the election. That can’t be taken away. They successfully trolled the left, the coasts, the tech gurus, Washington’s “elite”, people who aren’t white, Warren Buffett, anti-gunners, women, ivory tower college professors, the mainstream media . . . Whomever they perceived as the cause for their lot in life. The consequences of said victory was the joy seeing the ant hill get pissed on. As I said — I’m not sure whatever happens after matters to them. That’s how trolls are. It’s controversial to say so, but a not dissimilar “tired of losing” sentiment is what allowed Brexit to win. The afters are just that — an after-thought. Voting for Trump was irresponsible -- outrageously so to me -- but not necessarily stupid in my book.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.