Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just what is trumps end game? Why is he going round kicking all these hornets nests? He appears to be doing his best to incite conflict, why?
I used to think that fortunately, he can't do anything without the house voting on it so the idea of his finger on the red button didn't trouble me that much. However, his unilateral decision to hit Syria with cruise missiles is a worry.
I have hope that enough sane people around him can be influential.

Just what is trumps end game? Why is he going round kicking all these hornets nests? He appears to be doing his best to incite conflict, why?
In respect of the most recent one, moving the embassy to Jerusalem, it could simply be a symbolic move to appeal to his supporters. There's an interesting analysis in the Financial Times, written by a former US Ambassador to Israel which says that having Pence with him when he made the announcement is clearly aimed at the Evangelical Christian support that Pence commands and which is determinedly pro-Israel. Yet on the other hand, he then signed the waiver which allows the POTUS to delay the move, which had been voted through some time ago and well before Trump. Partly that reflects the need to actually build an embassy but if he was deadly serious about this he could have simply moved the Ambassador and his key staff to the existing US Consulate in West Jerusalem and designated that as the US Embassy.

I suspect this all ties in to a move towards a peace plan. That may seem a bizarre thing to say but there's a Saudi proposal doing the rounds that has a number of proposals which the PA are certain to reject, including locating the capital of a future Palestinian state in Abu Dis, which is on the eastern edge of the Jerusalem municipal area. My suspicion is that, by putting completely ridiculous and seemingly confrontational proposals on the table, Trump is using these to make more conciliatory proposals appear more acceptable. Given his self-promotion of himself as a master negotiator, this is a pretty standard if unsubtle negotiating tactic that he's used before.

In respect of the most recent one, moving the embassy to Jerusalem, it could simply be a symbolic move to appeal to his supporters. There's an interesting analysis in the Financial Times, written by a former US Ambassador to Israel which says that having Pence with him when he made the announcement is clearly aimed at the Evangelical Christian support that Pence commands and which is determinedly pro-Israel. Yet on the other hand, he then signed the waiver which allows the POTUS to delay the move, which had been voted through some time ago and well before Trump. Partly that reflects the need to actually build an embassy but if he was deadly serious about this he could have simply moved the Ambassador and his key staff to the existing US Consulate in West Jerusalem and designated that as the US Embassy.

I suspect this all ties in to a move towards a peace plan. That may seem a bizarre thing to say but there's a Saudi proposal doing the rounds that has a number of proposals which the PA are certain to reject, including locating the capital of a future Palestinian state in Abu Dis, which is on the eastern edge of the Jerusalem municipal area. My suspicion is that, by putting completely ridiculous and seemingly confrontational proposals on the table, Trump is using these to make more conciliatory proposals appear more acceptable. Given his self-promotion of himself as a master negotiator, this is a pretty standard if unsubtle negotiating tactic that he's used before.
Or appeasing his biggest donor Sheldon adelson along with his prick of a son in law.

Or appeasing his biggest donor Sheldon adelson along with his prick of a son in law.
Unfortunately I can't quote from the article but it makes it clear that if Trump really wanted to move the embassy, he could easily do that given that there's already a US consular office in Jerusalem. Even if construction of a new embassy started next year, it would be unlikely to be completed before the end of Trump's first 4-year term. Therefore the implication is that, like most of his promises, it's one he has no intention of keeping.

Can someone explain to me?

Is it as simple as the Palestinians think Jerusalem is theirs and trump has just pissed them off by officially saying it isn’t?

The North Korean worries seem silly to me -- common sense says that Laughing Boy would much rather threaten than actually literally attack anything. By threatening he bigs himself up and is a player on the world stage, someone who must be paid attention to; the instant one of his missiles touches foreign soil his whole regime is gone 48 hours later and his power level if not his life goes straight to zero.

He's a perfect foil for Trump because both know neither are going to do anything except saber-rattle. Some day they'll have a laugh over a few drinks together about how they all held the world in the palm of their hands for a while. Bit like professional wrestling.

Can someone explain to me?

Is it as simple as the Palestinians think Jerusalem is theirs and trump has just pissed them off by officially saying it isn’t?
Put it one way, There's a reason that not one country has an Embassy in East Jerusalem. Under international law the Israel's are building settlements there illegally. Although those backward cunts the Americans don't quite see it like that.

Put it one way, There's a reason that not one country has an Embassy in East Jerusalem. Under international law the Israel's are building settlements there illegally. Although those backward cunts the Americans don't quite see it like that.

Can I ask then does PB agree that Isreal are building illegally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.