Donald Trump wins U.S. Election.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RichardDunneOwnGoal, 9 Nov 2016.

1. west didsblue

west didsblue

Former Mexican President hits the nail on the head once again.

2. Southbanken

Southbanken

Whilst i am no fan of Teflon Don, this bit from the tweet makes no sense "With what authority do you proclaim who’s welcome in America and who’s not", well he is the president and ran on an anti immigration ticket so, i would argue he has more authority than anyone to make that decision.

3. mat

mat

Official Gimp to The Rat that Barks
    Am I living in a parallel universe?

Shitgibbon is about to do a press conference commemorating Martin Luther King Day.

4. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

shark fisherman
    It does make sense. Trump is not the authority on this, the laws of the land are. He can try to change those laws by proposing new ones, which may be what his campaign or 'anti immigration ticket' as you call it, proposed. Except he didnt really propose anything beyond the building of a mythical and unrealistic wall. Anyway, not the point. The point is he is not the authority on this just because he is President. He isnt Castro, it is a democracy. New laws need to be proposed, discussed, and taken through Congress. Not something he has proved very good at thus far, skewed tax bill aside.

5. yankblue

yankblue

He really doesn't though. The legislative branch makes the laws, the judicial branch interprets them, and the executive branch (the president) enforces them. It's not his authority at all and that's why he's had such a problem with his travel ban even with a republican legislature and conservative leaning judiciary.

6. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

7. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

He thought “President” meant “CEO Dictator.” His comments, based on his lack of understanding how things work under the Constitution, both reflect and demonstrate this.

Sad.

8. buckshot

buckshot

Odds are he'll cancel it because he'll take it as an insult that MLK didn't show up

9. yankblue

yankblue

He'll cancel it, then immediately go to twitter claiming he didn't cancel it and there is a conspiracy against him.

"I have a wonderful relationship with MLK. The best relationship. Never would I cancel the press conference...more #FAKENEWS by dems and liberal media. They never treated crooked Hilary this way. Very sad!"

10. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

Richard Durban, one of the most respected Democrats in Congress was there. He says he DID say it. That’s good enough for me!