Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it was a reflection on your politics, as far as this thread is concerned it has no legs.
What has no legs?

What are you actually on about?

You’ve taken exception to my point that not all humans and certainly less than 99% are inherently good.

Have you been drinking?

What has no legs?

What are you actually on about?

You’ve taken exception to my point that not all humans and certainly less than 99% are inherently good.

Have you been drinking?

Calm down now.

You stated "Humans aren’t inherently good". Inherently is the key word here,

I disagreed, pointing out that no one is born a racist or a bigot and much as I believe Trump to be both of these things, I don't believe he was born that way and neither were his supporters.

Your reply was...

So talk of drink on your part is a bit silly.

Calm down now.

I disagreed, pointing out that no one is born a racist or a bigot and much as I believe Trump to be both of these things, I don't believe he was born that way and neither were his supporters.

Your reply was...

Actually you didn't disagree, you just posted some nonsense about inequality. I think you're getting confused.

Calm down now.

Your reply was...

Being good doesn’t just mean not being a racist or bigot.

My post saying “super” meant that your post s neither confirmation nor a contradiction of mine.

You may as well have said the sky is blue for its effect on my assertion.

Last edited:
Actually you didn't disagree, you just posted some nonsense about inequality. I think you're getting confused.

Mate, stop looking for a fight. If one believes that humans are not inherently good then, presumably, one must believe that they are inherently bad, but as not all people are bad one must also assume that something happens during the nurture stage to change this inherited disposition in some people and it begs the question what other psychological aspects of our make up are inherited and that leads to blah, blah, blah.

Right wingers always reach for words like inherently at some stage, because if they don't they have to admit that despite the fact there are very talented people in the world who clearly reached the heights of whatever it is they do by dint of merit, the vast majority occupy the commanding heights by buttressing their position, pulling up the ladder and fabricating bullshit arguments to justify it.

Being good doesn’t just mean not being a racist or bigot.

My post saying “super” meant that your post s neither confirmation nor a contradiction of mine.

Au contraire

If humans are not inherently good then what are they inherently? Bad? Or some sort of purgatorial state? Neither good nor bad?

Au contraire

If humans are not inherently good then what are they inherently? Bad? Or some sort of purgatorial state? Neither good nor bad?

You got there in the end.

It’s damocles stating that over 99% are good. I think that’s bollocks.

We are rather moving away from Trump however.

Mate, stop looking for a fight. If one believes that humans are not inherently good then, presumably, one must believe that they are inherently bad, but as not all people are bad one must also assume that something happens during the nurture stage to change this inherited disposition in some people and it begs the question what other psychological aspects of our make up are inherited and that leads to blah, blah, blah.

Right wingers always reach for words like inherently at some stage, because if they don't they have to admit that despite the fact there are very talented people in the world who clearly reached the heights of whatever it is they do by dint of merit, the vast majority occupy the commanding heights by buttressing their position, pulling up the ladder and fabricating bullshit arguments to justify it.
Bizarre that youve come on here accusing people of looking for an argument. If you haven't noticed, it's a thread about Trump and you don't appear to have expressed any opinions about him at all in the last few pages so you've clearly just come on here to have an argument. Perhaps you should start a thread about inherent goodness or generalisations about right wingers if that's what you want to discuss. I suspect it won't get many replies.
Do you have an opinion about the Fusion GPS testimony for which I provided a link on the previous page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.