Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Trump's response to the resolution is to crow about the Democrats caving in on it.
That should really help things along in 2 weeks when they do it all again!

What effect does a shutdown actually have on the US military? Is it solely veterans who get stiffed by it?

They didn't.

McConnell started the shutdown.

Democrats asked for a rider on the bill stating that soldiers would still be paid during the shutdown. He objected and the government went into shutdown.

I see Trump's response to the resolution is to crow about the Democrats caving in on it.
That should really help things along in 2 weeks when they do it all again!

What effect does a shutdown actually have on the US military? Is it solely veterans who get stiffed by it?

It was all engineered for the Great Dealer to be able to claim he did the deal..........2 weeks from now could be interesting

They didn't.

McConnell started the shutdown.

Democrats asked for a rider on the bill stating that soldiers would still be paid during the shutdown. He objected and the government went into shutdown.

I wasn't questioning whether it was true or not, just that belittling people who have just made a big concession, and who you have to do this again with shortly is plain dumb.

I wasn't questioning whether it was true or not, just that belittling people who have just made a big concession, and who you have to do this again with shortly is plain dumb.
Its what he does though.

The giant cheeto faced manbaby he is.

Can't say I love him but equally don't hate him. Don't think it is good to hate people. Do you hate him ?
It is ideology that must be criticised not people .One we criticise people and not ideas we can become hypocritical . You'll find that the classical liberal allows freedom for the sake of freedom. It doesn't discriminate . It even allows for the widest view yet can criticise it.Theres a liberalist fascism going around these days which would tend to shut people up and deny them freedom of speech. We've seen it it on google and twitter.People must be allowed to air their views no matter how repulsive they may seem to the individual.
Thanks for the pompous lecture.
I despise his ideology which is all about using lies, hypocrisy, racism, misogyny, division, braggadocio and erosion of free speech all for his own personal gratification and self interest.
As for him personally, I've never met him but from what I've seen of him I doubt I'd like him.

I despise his ideology which is all about using lies, hypocrisy, racism, misogyny, division, braggadocio and erosion of free speech all for his own personal gratification and self interest.
As for him personally, I've never met him but from what I've seen of him I doubt I'd like him.
Are you one of them liberalist fascist types?
;-)

On the contrary the reply points out the position that liberals can take in order to silence people which is hypocrisy. The liberal media in particular in the USA has not had its free speech eroded whatsoever . In fact it won't allow anyone who dares to question its own ideology and cries foul when a different view is espoused :The complete opposite of true liberalism .
As for division there are a lot of opinions on many issues . Can we allow division ? is that allowed in a free society ? Must we force union which would end up in totalitarianism? We have had that before in history .Is that a great society? Furthermore is globalism the only political reality we must eventually comply with ? We may have no choice .
Are all views tolerated or just a particular set because so called liberals get to decide what's allowed? So the erosion of free speech has been mainly on the side of the current liberal media .New liberals and classical liberals are the ones standing up for a right to speak out new ideas. .The "objective" thread in this forum shows this .
Trump has his huge faults of that there can be no doubt . He can be his own worst enemy at times especially when tweeting , his courseness and often complete and utter thoughtlessness even recklessness come out . But then he plays people too , so that he will get a reaction .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.