Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question, what is there to stop Trump from firing Mueller at this stage?
He can’t directly fire him. It has to be the most senior person in the Justice department which is Rod Rosenstein as Jeff Sessions has recused himself. Trump could instruct Rosenstein to do it but he could refuse. Trump could then sack him or Sessions and try and install someone who would sack him but that person would have to be approved by the senate.

Lindsey Graham has said that if he fires him it will be the beginning of the end of his presidency and I'm pretty sure McCain would have a problem with it too.

Lindsey Graham has said that if he fires him it will be the beginning of the end of his presidency and I'm pretty sure McCain would have a problem with it too.

I'm not so sure. Politics has become so broken and the media so pathetic that I think Trump would get away with it.

"Two Sources Tell New York Times That Trump Ordered His Attorney John Dowd to Publicly Call for Mueller's Firing. "

Yet this story was buried within another story. Ordinarily this would be front page news.

I'm not so sure. Politics has become so broken and the media so pathetic that I think Trump would get away with it.

"Two Sources Tell New York Times That Trump Ordered His Attorney John Dowd to Publicly Call for Mueller's Firing. "

Yet this story was buried within another story. Ordinarily this would be front page news.
The firing of the Special Council was ultimately the downfall of Nixon.

The fact that the Republicans could ditch him to protect themselves and their own reputation from such a blatant, public abuse of power.
They appear to be turning blind eye after blind eye at present.

I'm truly aghast at what Trump is doing and saying and tweeting. He should be sectioned to be quite frank.

They appear to be turning blind eye after blind eye at present.

I'm truly aghast at what Trump is doing and saying and tweeting. He should be sectioned to be quite frank.

well yes, but the Republicans have been trying to play the long game of "well it's not enough for the opposition to be so strong to force us to get rid of him, so we'll keep him there and push some policies through if we can". I think getting Mueller fired would be the biggest chance of a tipping point, and I think the threat of losing power as a result is the only thing keeping Trump in check, hence all the bluster. Could be wrong, but the threat lingers.

24th Jan 2018: Trump - "I am looking forward to speaking with the Special Council"; "I would do it under oath".

Those words came out of his mouth, in front of the cameras, live on TV. You can Youtube it. It is clearly not FAKE NEWS.

We are still waiting.

It was. I'm not so sure it will be the downfall of Trump.
That's right. Too many GOP congressmen have gone too far in turning a blind eye to the moral turpitude and blatant criminality of Trump and his administration for them to suddenly grow a pair and do the right thing even in the face of clear evidence of wrongdoing. Even if Trump managed to stop Mueller, these GOP enablers along with their propaganda tool Fox, will come up with enough justification to feed to Trump's gullible base. If that happens and they get away with it, there will be a massive attempt to gerrymander the next election to keep them in power as they know that they can now get away with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.