Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
US taxpayers paying for international (other countries) information on abortions. Would you be happy if we were doing that? (I won't be surprised if we are).

I see no problem with that TBH. The world population is rising exponentially and needs to be brought under control. Abortion is a form of birth control. Some countries for ideological or religious reasons that sort of information is not provided by governmental agencies but is relevant nonetheless. For example Eire does not provide abortions except in strictly controlled circumstances. So maybe Trump is stopping funding in Eire - a county traditionally with strong ties with and support for the USA, Way to go Donald. This is NOT about the US "wasting" money on foreign aid but is in fact a sop to the pro-life anti abortion right wing Pence supporters. There will be funding to "cure" homosexuals next. Mike Pence actually believes that is possible FFS !

I can't believe people argue about attendance figures or empty seats, never seen anything like it before, you certainly don't get that over here...

What sickens me is the use of pics from the swamp on match days rather than some from the inauguration in a pathetic attempt to prove a point. As if there was a top tier at the inauguration.

I see no problem with that TBH. The world population is rising exponentially and needs to be brought under control. Abortion is a form of birth control. Some countries for ideological or religious reasons that sort of information is not provided by governmental agencies but is relevant nonetheless. For example Eire does not provide abortions except in strictly controlled circumstances. So maybe Trump is stopping funding in Eire - a county traditionally with strong ties with and support for the USA, Way to go Donald. This is NOT about the US "wasting" money on foreign aid but is in fact a sop to the pro-life anti abortion right wing Pence supporters. There will be funding to "cure" homosexuals next. Mike Pence actually believes that is possible FFS !

While I agree that this has come and gone over the years, I thought the issue at question was that any organisation receiving funding was not allowed to be involved in abortions, whether or not the money spent on it came out of the funding or not.

So an organisation receiving US funding couldn't raise money in South Africa to spend in South Africa.

Extract from US newswire The Intercept.com - promoter of a lot of Snowdens revelations - if true very disturbing.

In North Dakota, for instance, Republicans introduced a bill last week that would allow motorists to run over and kill any protester obstructing a highway as long as a driver does so accidentally. In Minnesota, a bill introduced by Republicans last week seeks to dramatically stiffen fines for freeway protests and would allow prosecutors to seek a full year of jail time for protesters blocking a highway. Republicans in Washington state have proposed a plan to reclassify as a felony civil disobedience protests that are deemed “economic terrorism.” Republicans in Michigan introduced and then last month shelved an anti-picketing law that would increase penalties against protestors and would make it easier for businesses to sue individual protestors for their actions. And in Iowa a Republican lawmaker has pledged to introduce legislation to crack down on highway protests.

While I agree that this has come and gone over the years, I thought the issue at question was that any organisation receiving funding was not allowed to be involved in abortions, whether or not the money spent on it came out of the funding or not.

So an organisation receiving US funding couldn't raise money in South Africa to spend in South Africa.

So the pro-lifers win.... there's the gun lobby too.... the US is already looking a pretty shitty place unless you are WASP.

well to be fair they could lock themselves in their garage with the engine running... the end is quite quick - peaceful and leaves a body that doesn't shock the spouse when they come to identify it.
Unless of course they hadn't told the spouse about the monster truck.

[QUOTE="Pokes28, post: 9974474, member: 58424"

As for pulling out of the TPP and forcing a renegotiation of NAFTA, I view these as great things. Sure free trade is great. The problem is that rarely do these agreements actually allow for free trade. Case in point, China makes it damn near impossible for US goods to make it into their country. They have the ability to mark any import as something not included in their agreement and run a huge tariff on it. The idea of a free trade world sounds great in a vacuum, but fair trade would be a better aim under the real world constraints. The major trade agreements of the last nearly 30 years have helped in the constant draining of jobs as well as pressures that prevent industry from starting up. I have zero problems with re-evaluating agreements that aren't working for everybody. It is something that should happen more often.

[/QUOTE]

I saw a Mexican politician on the BBC or Sky news earlier pointing out that NAFTA was a 2 way street and that Trump needs to recognise that the benefits between Mexico and the US are nigh on 50/50.

So many jobs drained away that the US economy put on an average of 100k+ jobs per month under Obama and unemployment fell from 11%+ to just under 4% which in economic terms is considered full employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.