Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
C51b3apVAAIxrjK.jpg
I'm not usually one to invoke Godwin's law but there are certainly several striking similarities.
Both have demonized minorities as a means to provide a scapegoat for people's perceived problems.
Both have undermined other government institutions and have tried to centralize and consolidate power.
Both have undermined freedom of the press.

On the other hand there are some differences
Only one has German ancestry.
Only one had a fascist KKK supporting father.

And if you never watched him mocking the reporter who has cerebral palsy, look it up and let's here your interpretation of what he was doing.

I've watched it and unlike you, thought about it a bit. That hand signal that Trump did? He does it all the time talking about non-disabled people too and did so in rallies prior to this incident. It's his shorthand for "stupid", it had nothing to do with whether or not the person was disabled and was instead mocking that they're an idiot.

Again, maybe you have to look these things up to really get a grasp rather than just deciding you know the score because you read a headline.

Both have demonized minorities as a means to provide a scapegoat for people's perceived problems.
Both have undermined other government institutions and have tried to centralize and consolidate power.
Both have undermined freedom of the press.

I find it both outrageous and offensive that you'd compare anything that Trump has done to what Hitler did. Hitler had people marching in the streets and black shirt gangs beating Jews. Trump has said he wants to build a wall and 4 agencies didn't get invited to an informal press briefing because it wasn't their turn.

It's disgusting how people are comparing these two and shows how far people have become removed from what fascism looks like. People fucking died. Have some God damn perspective.

I've watched it and unlike you, thought about it a bit. That hand signal that Trump did? He does it all the time talking about non-disabled people too and did so in rallies prior to this incident. It's his shorthand for "stupid", it had nothing to do with whether or not the person was disabled and was instead mocking that they're an idiot.

Again, maybe you have to look these things up to really get a grasp rather than just deciding you know the score because you read a headline.

I find it both outrageous and offensive that you'd compare anything that Trump has done to what Hitler did. Hitler had people marching in the streets and black shirt gangs beating Jews. Trump has said he wants to build a wall and 4 agencies didn't get invited to an informal press briefing because it wasn't their turn.

It's disgusting how people are comparing these two and shows how far people have become removed from what fascism looks like. People fucking died. Have some God damn perspective.

I've watched it and unlike you, thought about it a bit. That hand signal that Trump did? He does it all the time talking about non-disabled people too and did so in rallies prior to thisincident. It's his shorthand for "stu

Oh please FFS!

Show me those clips,

One would do that cones anywhere close to this. For you to deny this is unbelievable and to try to say he does the same all the time is rather sad that you choose to make excuses for this utter scumbag.

Show me those clips,

Sure. He's an entire compilation of them

Presumably you're going to hold your hands up now and say "well shit, I didn't know this was a common expression that Trump has been doing for years. I guess that I got that one wrong! Oh well."

Definitely. This is definitely going to happen.

that you choose to make excuses for this utter scumbag.

I choose to follow the truth and that doesn't conform to your perverted political bias

No the problem is that I AM paying attention and nobody else is, instead quite happy to spurt half remembered headlines which present out of context stories or blatant lies as true because it fits their political position. If Trump was a left winger there'd be nowhere near the backlash there is against him, let's be honest about that.

Trump got 60 odd million votes and is the democratically elected leader of the US. To me, this means something because as an actual left winger rather than the bastardisation of neo-liberalism that has taken over the left, I value that as the highest qualification for the job. To everybody else it's just an inconvenient fact and he should be impeached or thrown out because they don't like his politics.

Just FYI, not only does this make you sound exactly like all of those you're castigating with its generalizations, but it also makes you sound like a victim of Stockholm Syndrome. You aren't the Keeper of All That Is Holy on the left. I don't blame people for being scared and angry and overreacting to this guy, just like I don't blame people for being scared and angry and voting for him.

Last edited:
Mmm...

You're reaching 'bigly' here, Damo. Trump, specifically, attacks what he perceives as a 'weakness' to whomever is opposed to him. It's habitual and he can't help it.

He does not think before he speaks when he's away from the teleprompter.

What about this tweet rebuffed by Comey:

"The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process"

Comey basically replied I didn't say that!!

Anyway, the average Trump approval rating today, stands at... 37%.

37%!!

Incredible for this stage of presidency!

You're reaching 'bigly' here, Damo. Trump, specifically, attacks what he perceives as a 'weakness' to whomever is opposed to him. It's habitual and he can't help it.

Damo you're reaching but here's some info that I've completely made up about a guy I've never met to prove my point.

Alright mate.

Just FYI, not only does this make you sound exactly like all of those you're castigating with its generalizations, but it also makes you sound like a victim of Stockholm Syndrome. You aren't the Keeper of All That Is Holy on the left. I don't blame people for being scared and angry and overreacting to this guy, just like I don't blame people for being scared and angry and voting for him.

I blame people for being scared and angry and overreacting. Of course I do, your emotions are entirely under your control and if you lose your rationality to feed into them then that's your fault.

THE ENTIRE POINT of left wing politics is rational evidence based politics which protect those who most need it and strives for greater equality. Literally, the entire point.

If you're acting like most of the people in this thread, you're not doing that any more. You're creating your own boogeyman using the odd quote here, the odd action there, to feed into it then pointing at it and saying look how scary this is. The amount of people I've lost respect for since Brexit happened grows every single day because they're no different from Tea Partiers really. They were just on my side politically for a little while - they never actually had any form of rationality, I just mistook them for people who did because they had the right conclusions. Now that the political will has swung against them they're acting like fucking idiots. The way people act towards Trump is fucking embarrassing.

Either you believe in rational evidence based political debate or you don't. It doesn't have a side. That's the biggest thing I've taken away from the rise of the alt-right and insane-liberal over the course of the last year or so. So yeah, instead of sitting here watching everybody masturbate, I will take people to task and ask them to front their bullshit because God knows somebody needs to.

Mmm...

He does not think before he speaks when he's away from the teleprompter.

What about this tweet rebuffed by Comey:

Comey basically replied I didn't say that!!

37%!!

Incredible for this stage of presidency!

37%!!

I can't believe it's still that much.

Of course Trump won't turn into Hitler. The democratic structures in the USA and the wide availability of information will stop that. I'm obviously not comparing what Trump has done in 2 months with what Hitler did in 12 years but you'd have to be blind not to notice the same techniques of propaganda and lies being used by Trump to try and consolidate power and mute opposition in his early days in office. Trump will fail so we will never know what he is really capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.