Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to bet cash that not only will he serve the full years, he'll win re-election and do a full 8.

Bit early for that. I don't think he'll quit nor be impeached but I do think he could choose not to run and pass the reins onto Pence. The midterm elections will be a referendum on him, so a lot depends on that. And we also have no idea who the Ds will run in 2020. If it's Elizabeth Warren, though, I'm with you.

The liberal elite as people like to label them have been sleep walking for years, from the Clinton and Blair days and they got caught out, they didn't think they could lose and they shouldn't have if they had run a good campaign. However private individuals and other outside influences contrived to catch them out. I don't believe it will happen again.

Even if Trump avoids impeachment or political ruin and resignation, not to mention assassination, the liberal elite will ensure sufficient funds are available to counter the Trump effect.

How can you be so sure, remember these statements from a few months ago.
There's no way he will get the nomination.
There's no way he will get elected.

This.

The people here are getting their views from the media, but the media is HEAVILY slanted towards him and are not representative of the average American voter. Trump won 60-odd million votes a couple of months ago and if you were to read the press going into the election, he had absolutely 0% chance of winning and nobody was going to vote for him.

You people are being fooled again. You think he's having "disaster after disaster" because you're reading information from a press that presents it that way rather than looking into things yourself - Trump is having a pretty standard opening so far as President.

You're fed wrong information written by a press who is biased and are making poor decisions based on top of this. Again, 60 MILLION people voted for him and if you look at his strongholds, they seem to be pretty happy on what he's doing.

You live in echo chambers.

This.

The people here are getting their views from the media, but the media is HEAVILY slanted towards him and are not representative of the average American voter. Trump won 60-odd million votes a couple of months ago and if you were to read the press going into the election, he had absolutely 0% chance of winning and nobody was going to vote for him.

You people are being fooled again. You think he's having "disaster after disaster" because you're reading information from a press that presents it that way rather than looking into things yourself - Trump is having a pretty standard opening so far as President.

You're fed wrong information written by a press who is biased and are making poor decisions based on top of this. Again, 60 MILLION people voted for him and if you look at his strongholds, they seem to be pretty happy on what he's doing.

You live in echo chambers.

The msm in the states are shocking probably even more so than over here

The liberal elite as people like to label them have been sleep walking for years, from the Clinton and Blair days and they got caught out, they didn't think they could lose and they shouldn't have if they had run a good campaign. However private individuals and other outside influences contrived to catch them out. I don't believe it will happen again.
You're making the somewhat naïve assumption that the political class learn from their mistakes. People in politics have agendas and egos and they tend to put these before the greater good.

Had Gordon Brown been less full of himself, he'd have recognised he was totally the wrong person to lead the Labour Party and be an effective PM after Blair stood down. But all he was focused on was getting the top job he believed he was entitled to and not many had the guts to tell him he was the wrong person because it would have impacted their own individual careers when he won. It's a sort of cross between group think and game theory.

So having elected one person who was both temperamentally unsuited to the role and an electoral liability to boot with the charisma of an over-boiled potato, they then should have elected David Miliband. Yet they elected a man with even less charisma and completely unsuited to be a leader. And when he stood down, having lost an election that the Labour Party should really have won, they chose someone even worse than Ed, with far less charisma and not a clue.

You're making the somewhat naïve assumption that the political class learn from their mistakes. People in politics have agendas and egos and they tend to put these before the greater good.

Had Gordon Brown been less full of himself, he'd have recognised he was totally the wrong person to lead the Labour Party and be an effective PM after Blair stood down. But all he was focused on was getting the top job he believed he was entitled to and not many had the guts to tell him he was the wrong person because it would have impacted their own individual careers when he won. It's a sort of cross between group think and game theory.

So having elected one person who was both temperamentally unsuited to the role and an electoral liability to boot with the charisma of an over-boiled potato, they then should have elected David Miliband. Yet they elected a man with even less charisma and completely unsuited to be a leader. And when he stood down, having lost an election that the Labour Party should really have won, they chose someone even worse than Ed, with far less charisma and not a clue.
I don't question my own naivety however I don't question the power of money in the American political system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.