Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
The liberal elite as people like to label them have been sleep walking for years, from the Clinton and Blair days and they got caught out, they didn't think they could lose and they shouldn't have if they had run a good campaign. However private individuals and other outside influences contrived to catch them out. I don't believe it will happen again.

Even if Trump avoids impeachment or political ruin and resignation, not to mention assassination, the liberal elite will ensure sufficient funds are available to counter the Trump effect.

I hope you can see the irony in the quote I used of your post.

"The liberal elite as people like to label them "

Or is it only ok for you to use labels?

It's OK for anyone to do so, it is just that when a certain group are labeled for such a long period it becomes difficult to define them in a way people will find understandable without resorting to the clichéd lables. The reason I use the words "as people like to label them", I think is similar to the constant use of "so called" as a prefix to Islamic State.

It is clear to all who they are but by using such a prefix I think we are trying to exude a feeling that we don't find the title fitting. Therefore the use itself is a form of irony. You have now claimed to have made irony of that irony, which is your right, however, you have now entered a realm I have no knowledge of, what is the name of irony squared?

Last edited:
Trump's busy tweeting deflections about Democrat connections to Russia. I guess that means that in spite of the House investigation committee being chaired by a Trumper, the allegations look like they might have some traction.

You're making the somewhat naïve assumption that the political class learn from their mistakes. People in politics have agendas and egos and they tend to put these before the greater good.

Had Gordon Brown been less full of himself, he'd have recognised he was totally the wrong person to lead the Labour Party and be an effective PM after Blair stood down. But all he was focused on was getting the top job he believed he was entitled to and not many had the guts to tell him he was the wrong person because it would have impacted their own individual careers when he won. It's a sort of cross between group think and game theory.

So having elected one person who was both temperamentally unsuited to the role and an electoral liability to boot with the charisma of an over-boiled potato, they then should have elected David Miliband. Yet they elected a man with even less charisma and completely unsuited to be a leader. And when he stood down, having lost an election that the Labour Party should really have won, they chose someone even worse than Ed, with far less charisma and not a clue.

Furthermore to earlier posts, we are no longer relying on the political classes in the US to make these decisions. The people that got Trump elected have no political history, as neither does he. The Democrats will learn from this and buy it back.

This.

The people here are getting their views from the media, but the media is HEAVILY slanted towards him and are not representative of the average American voter. Trump won 60-odd million votes a couple of months ago and if you were to read the press going into the election, he had absolutely 0% chance of winning and nobody was going to vote for him.

You people are being fooled again. You think he's having "disaster after disaster" because you're reading information from a press that presents it that way rather than looking into things yourself - Trump is having a pretty standard opening so far as President.

You're fed wrong information written by a press who is biased and are making poor decisions based on top of this. Again, 60 MILLION people voted for him and if you look at his strongholds, they seem to be pretty happy on what he's doing.

You live in echo chambers.
I dont, and not this. I see for myself, its quite obvious to me because I am helped in getting information from Trump himself in his tweets. I was further helped by his hour and half incoherent ramble of a press conference the other week, and I am additionally helped by the cable news 'journalists' that he clearly briefs and uses as a mouthpiece. From these inane ramblings I can tell that Trump is largely ignorant of issues and facts, and has surrounded himself by sycophants, and close family, in order to shield himself.
I can see for myself how foreign leaders view him and deal with him. I see how he deals with them, and hear from the very diplomats and state representatives who go on these meetings. They attest to how ignorant of affairs he is, describe a total unawareness of policy and of existing treaties or agreements, and describe him as clearly under prepared. He lacks attention span, becomes rude, and evades issues he does not like. This while running off to rallies of his supporters as though he is still running as a candidate, for what serves no other purpose than having a cuddle from people who like him during difficult times, and massaging his huge ego.

No, I am not fooled, again. Never was in the first place.

I dont need to be told he is having a disaster by media outlets who are anti-Trump. I can see it with my own two eyes. And this tactic of his of calling anything he doesnt like 'fake news'. It is a cover all designed at creating common enemies and bolstering conspiracy theories, which is all he has done for donkeys years. Smoke and mirrors is all he is.

He is not having a 'pretty standard opening' at all. Dedicated career diplomats and civil servants cannot bare to be around what is going on, and are either leaving or leaking, in an attempt to make it stop or nudge someone in govt to get a grip on it. He will only become deeper embroiled as his ties to Russia are investigated. He will continue to demonstrate his ignorance of key issues, as he did with his rant to Merkel about him thinking he is owed NATO money, and he will continue to alienate allies and unsettle the world. Pretty standard opening this is not. His core supporters can support all they want. If, or once, it is shown that he is compromised, for he is surely is, it will matter not what his supporters think.

For Trump to not win a second term (assuming he runs) you require a sufficient amount of people in the states he won to vote for someone else, or not at all. Therefore you need to find his voters' opinions of his presidency and not your own or the media's. If you weren't a fan of Trump before the election then you're not going to be a fan now and Trump doesn't give a shit.

Delving deeper, the only way the democrats can hope to win back those votes is to understand Trump's unanticipated popularity, and particularly in the states he swung. Much to the distaste of ultra wealthy liberals, poorer people generally care more about whether they'll keep their jobs and maintain their salary than the LGBT community, immigrants and Russia.

Trump won, not necessarily because those people believed he could resolve their issues, but because at least he recognised their issues.

This.

The people here are getting their views from the media, but the media is HEAVILY slanted towards him and are not representative of the average American voter. Trump won 60-odd million votes a couple of months ago and if you were to read the press going into the election, he had absolutely 0% chance of winning and nobody was going to vote for him.

You people are being fooled again. You think he's having "disaster after disaster" because you're reading information from a press that presents it that way rather than looking into things yourself - Trump is having a pretty standard opening so far as President.

You're fed wrong information written by a press who is biased and are making poor decisions based on top of this. Again, 60 MILLION people voted for him and if you look at his strongholds, they seem to be pretty happy on what he's doing.

You live in echo chambers.
I too am actually very happy how he executed on his pledge of repealing and replacing Obamacare and looking forward to similar execution on other items on his agenda.

I dont, and not this. I see for myself, its quite obvious to me because I am helped in getting information from Trump himself in his tweets. I was further helped by his hour and half incoherent ramble of a press conference the other week, and I am additionally helped by the cable news 'journalists' that he clearly briefs and uses as a mouthpiece. From these inane ramblings I can tell that Trump is largely ignorant of issues and facts, and has surrounded himself by sycophants, and close family, in order to shield himself.
I can see for myself how foreign leaders view him and deal with him. I see how he deals with them, and hear from the very diplomats and state representatives who go on these meetings. They attest to how ignorant of affairs he is, describe a total unawareness of policy and of existing treaties or agreements, and describe him as clearly under prepared. He lacks attention span, becomes rude, and evades issues he does not like. This while running off to rallies of his supporters as though he is still running as a candidate, for what serves no other purpose than having a cuddle from people who like him during difficult times, and massaging his huge ego.

I dont need to be told he is having a disaster by media outlets who are anti-Trump. I can see it with my own two eyes. And this tactic of his of calling anything he doesnt like 'fake news'. It is a cover all designed at creating common enemies and bolstering conspiracy theories, which is all he has done for donkeys years. Smoke and mirrors is all he is.

He is not having a 'pretty standard opening' at all. Dedicated career diplomats and civil servants cannot bare to be around what is going on, and are either leaving or leaking, in an attempt to make it stop or nudge someone in govt to get a grip on it. He will only become deeper embroiled as his ties to Russia are investigated. He will continue to demonstrate his ignorance of key issues, as he did with his rant to Merkel about him thinking he is owed NATO money, and he will continue to alienate allies and unsettle the world. Pretty standard opening this is not. His core supporters can support all they want. If, or once, it is shown that he is compromised, for he is surely is, it will matter not what his supporters think.
200.gif

That rant was straight out of the msm handbook, apart from his own tweets where did you gather all the evidence of his wrong doings, the msm by any chance

That rant was straight out of the msm handbook, apart from his own tweets where did you gather all the evidence of his wrong doings, the msm by any chance
You don't need to read the msm to read his tweets and listen to his press conferences. It's not difficult to judge him on that alone, however there's plenty of corroborating evidence from long before he was a politician that backs up any judgment made of his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.