Donald Trump | Found guilty on all 34 counts

Who else thinks that Trump will be jailed for contempt of court within the next 30 days?

Juan Merchan Merchan has had enough. After issuing this warning to Trump, Merchan will be compelled to jail the former president should he - inevitably - violate the terms of his gag order.

If he is "jailed" I suspect it would be in the court cells rather than a real prison. Another example of him being treated differently in the eyes of the law.

I don't think it was a violation of the gag order. It didn't contain any details or comments about the witness, just saying that his team were given no notice because the judge is corrupt and it's a witch hunt. I think 'political statements' about the judge and the trial in general have been consistently overlooked as not covered by the order, it only explicitly protects witnesses and other court staff.

I think the reason his lawyers made him take it down is actually a bit more nuanced. The Prosecution had been withholding the order in which they were going to call witnesses (which is their right). This is something that the Defence is normally told as a common courtesy but the State declined to provide the order of witnesses because the Defence kept leaking things to the media. A few weeks ago they came up with a compromise which was basically "we'll give you 24 hours notice of the next witness, but if anything gets leaked we'll revoke that right."

Trump posting in the way he did made it obvious that the next witness was Daniels. The Prosecution would have no doubt taken that badly and revert to giving them zero notice. Which is ironically, the thing Trump was complaining about.
Thanks for the explainer about this particular post, though, my point was that it doesn’t matter if he deletes the post—it being submitted for any amount of time can be a violation of the gag order depending on the content.

Thanks for the explainer about this particular post, though, my point was that it doesn’t matter if he deletes the post—it being submitted for any amount of time can be a violation of the gag order depending on the content.

For sure, which is probably why his own lawyers didn't tell him who the witness was until this morning. They almost certainly knew yesterday but understood that their client posting on Adderall at 3am was too big a risk because damage control is not possible once he hits post.

Word on the street is that one Stephanie Clifford (a.k.a. Stormy Daniels) is going to be on the stand today...

Trump taking it characteristically well, in ways that walk the line of his gag order. He put a post on Social then deleted it 10 minutes later... coward.
Will her former lawyer M.Avenatti be on the stand also? Where's he nowadays...?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.