Door open for Ireland

lastmanback said:
leighton said:
Playing international football makes you a better player. He will be learning from a decent coach in Trap and will pick up his advice from a good coach so this will be good for Ireland when he decides to return. If Stevie does come back he could lead us into the World Cup we need him in the Ireland midfield as this is the poorest midfield I have seen Ireland have for central players in a long time. Rumours are rumours about the hair but I cant see any player getting bullied while on international duty and if he did we would of known about it. So Stevie if you are reading this you never know he could be when you do decide to return to play for Ireland you will have the support of most of the fans and enjoy it playing for Ireland again.
do you think The Trap still has it. I think he's very negative. the irish team are playing rubbish football not unlike the charlton era. By pass the midfield launch it up to forwards. Stevie would probably be played out on the wing.

There is a reason why they by pass the midfield you look at the central players they are so poor and cant pass a ball more than 10 feet away. Whelan is no way near international level same as Gibson who is a reserve at the rags. None of these would be anywhere near the first team if Trap had everyone to pick from. I think it would be Stephen Reid and Ireland as his first choice midfield pair. They can both pass the ball well enough and Ireland has always had the ability to find the right pass that the forwards want and need.

As for Trap I would take this style of football for the time being because the midfield are not up to it while he is still getting the results. Yes he has his style of play to be a bit negative but I dont blame him. He also has a winning metality which is great to see in the Ireland camp so this may well give us a great chance to get to the World Cup and you never know we may well even win it:0).

My mate was in Galway before Christmas, there was a City game on the box,
all the locals were screaming abuse every time "Our Stevie" touched the ball.

Is it true that he's not very popular for turning his back on his country?
(Never hurt that pikey Keane)

bluemike said:
My mate was in Galway before Christmas, there was a City game on the box,
all the locals were screaming abuse every time "Our Stevie" touched the ball.

Is it true that he's not very popular for turning his back on his country?
(Never hurt that pikey Keane)
any city player gets screamed at here in ireland,the place is swamped with rags,personaly i think no less of stevie for not playing,might be different if he was'nt a city plaer though,as for keane,the rags backed him,the rest wanted to shoot him

Chris_Hand said:
blue jim said:
george best never played in the world cup!

can you not use one of our own as an example?
hes one of my own though. being a rag aside, he was a class player that never got to play in the world cup for northern ireland.

i think its great stevie has turned down ireland - they are riduculed him and now hes shown exactly what he can do and what all of us lot knew right from the start, hes an immense player and i hope he never plays for ireland again as long as he continues as brilliantly as he has been doing for us

bluemooncol said:
i think its great stevie has turned down ireland - they are riduculed him and now hes shown exactly what he can do and what all of us lot knew right from the start, hes an immense player and i hope he never plays for ireland again as long as he continues as brilliantly as he has been doing for us

don't get to carried away, if your memory can stretch back to less than a year
ago I'd say more than 75% of city fans would have gladly said fuck off to sunderland
or who ever wanted him at the end of last season, so city fucked up too, even though he was still being picked to play for the republic while all the shit was going on at city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.