Dr Martens

I seem to remember major domos and sergeant peppers as well as docs or am I imagining it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 42 and was...42 years old when I got my 1st pair of Docs. They arrived yesterday.

Although according to my Docs obsessed Missus, they arent "Proper Docs" cos I opted for the Utility Boots and not the traditional ones. Seeing as they are ordered from the official Dr Martens website and have the Dr Martens logo on them, I fail to see what her issue is.

Currently in the breaking in phase (the boots - not my Missus!!) Are they supposed to leave me feeling crippled? I only wore them for a few hours yesterday. Put them on this morning and couldnt walk in them, so changed into my much comfier Vans.

I'm 42 and was...42 years old when I got my 1st pair of Docs. They arrived yesterday.

Although according to my Docs obsessed Missus, they arent "Proper Docs" cos I opted for the Utility Boots and not the traditional ones. Seeing as they are ordered from the official Dr Martens website and have the Dr Martens logo on them, I fail to see what her issue is.

Currently in the breaking in phase (the boots - not my Missus!!) Are they supposed to leave me feeling crippled? I only wore them for a few hours yesterday. Put them on this morning and couldnt walk in them, so changed into my much comfier Vans.

Not sure which ones you have exactly pal but they shouldn't be causing you these issues as they're normally soft leather. Try them with thicker socks until you've broken them in.

I've got 1460s and not had an issue, they're really comfy. I've had shin splints but that was my fault for running in them pissed up trying to catch the last train lol.

I recently read that since 2003 90% of Docs have been made in Taiwan. And i believe they are no longer the same quality nowadays.

Quality of mine have been superb. Theyve endured two winters and look good as new. I had a pair of Dune Boots not long a go which were a similar price point and they only coped with one winter before tearing.

I recently read that since 2003 90% of Docs have been made in Taiwan. And i believe they are no longer the same quality nowadays.
£170 for 8 holers now! Not sure what they cost in 1980'ish from army and navy stores but if they weren't a cheap option in sure I wouldn't have been allowed them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.