Dual Nationality

Thanks for that i had never seen it written down before. I shall be careful not to fall fowl of other spelling mistakes, else my goose be cooked ;)

And interestingly - if you are a dweeb like me - the derivation of the term is actually from the days when you would surround your land with a hedge and the hedge would constrain what you were responsible for. Your liabilities were "hedged".

And interestingly - if you are a dweeb like me - the derivation of the term is actually from the days when you would surround your land with a hedge and the hedge would constrain what you were responsible for. Your liabilities were "hedged".

Dweebness confirmed. :)

I've jut come back from Spain, on entry to the country I had, with everybody on the flight, to queue for passport
control, as I and everyone who arrived back in the UK also had to do, not for long though. This was the exact same procedure I had to go
through prior to us joining the EU. Why do you need dual nationality?

because that was now.... maybe post leave the OP is concerned there will be delays, queue's and so on for non-EU passport holders so is hedging their bets?

Possession of an EU passport will mean, among other things, the right to reciprocal health care like we currently have under the EHIC scheme.
This will end post Brexit and travellers will need the sort of cover they buy for visiting non EU countries.

Possession of an EU passport will guarantee pension and benefits rights that will disappear once we leave the EU.

You mean the newly reinstated, glorious and world respected Blue passport will not ? Johnny foreigner looks to be getting above himself.

You mean the newly reinstated, glorious and world respected Blue passport will not ? Johnny foreigner looks to be getting above himself.
So will Johnny foreigner be happy when he breaks his leg in Blighty and is presented with a bill in hospital?
Reciprocal agreements with this country benefit EU citizens, are they going to end these just to spite the UK,
because I've seen nothing from them that states, categorically, that this is the case. Again, it's supposition that
these dreadful scenarios are definitely, most certainly, going to happen. Payment for treatment in say, Spain is made
by the NHS, upon receipt of the details of the UK citizen involved, as is the case with a French citizen treated in the UK,
the French reimburse the NHS.

https://www.imtj.com/articles/agreement-reached-reciprocal-healthcare-british-and-eu-retirees/

What benefit is it to the EU to end this agreement?

because that was now.... maybe post leave the OP is concerned there will be delays, queue's and so on for non-EU passport holders so is hedging their bets?
Then the OP is unnecessarily fretting himself, there are queues now coming back from an EU country, I've just
returned from one, although it wasn't too bad, and that's with the current arrangements.

So will Johnny foreigner be happy when he breaks his leg in Blighty and is presented with a bill in hospital?
Reciprocal agreements with this country benefit EU citizens, are they going to end these just to spite the UK,
because I've seen nothing from them that states, categorically, that this is the case. Again, it's supposition that
these dreadful scenarios are definitely, most certainly, going to happen. Payment for treatment in say, Spain is made
by the NHS, upon receipt of the details of the UK citizen involved, as is the case with a French citizen treated in the UK,
the French reimburse the NHS.

https://www.imtj.com/articles/agreement-reached-reciprocal-healthcare-british-and-eu-retirees/

What benefit is it to the EU to end this agreement?

the article indicates that agreement is in principle and yet to be agreed for 2019 onwards - to be honest I'd say there could be a case made it could benefit us not to have one as it seems its the NHS who are piss poor at getting details off patients and reclaiming costs from their home countries from what I have read in the past - however nobody has said which way any of it will go yet as its all still up in the air to be resolved by March 2019.

the article indicates that agreement is in principle and yet to be agreed for 2019 onwards - to be honest I'd say there could be a case made it could benefit us not to have one as it seems its the NHS who are piss poor at getting details off patients and reclaiming costs from their home countries from what I have read in the past - however nobody has said which way any of it will go yet as its all still up in the air to be resolved by March 2019.
I agree with your point about the NHS chasing up payments and they need a fucking rocket to ensure they do,
but we've been told time and again on here that everything stops post membership, which most certainly is not the case
and is just yet another attempt at doom mongering to try and justify a remainer stance.

I agree with your point about the NHS chasing up payments and they need a fucking rocket to ensure they do,
but we've been told time and again on here that everything stops post membership, which most certainly is not the case
and is just yet another attempt at doom mongering to try and justify a remainer stance.

or maybe someone with a view contrary to yours which you are unwilling to give space to?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.