Dunkirk ( the film )

Saw it last night. Not IMAX but a good quality big screen.
Brilliant!
The three timelines worked really well. I wasn't bothered about the lack of CGI troops on the beach. The spitfire shots were sublime even if the glide ratio was a little exaggerated at the end. Ken B was perfect for the role. The young lads were all good. And the score was outstanding. Using Elgar's Nimrod as the underlying theme was genius.

Both my GF and I were completely exhausted and a bit weepy at the end.

9/10

Brilliant!
The three timelines worked really well. I wasn't bothered about the lack of CGI troops on the beach. The spitfire shots were sublime even if the glide ratio was a little exaggerated at the end. Ken B was perfect for the role. The young lads were all good. And the score was outstanding. Using Elgar's Nimrod as the underlying theme was genius.

9/10

Exactly my thoughts, brilliant film.

The mixing up of the chronology was a bit confusing at first but soon got used to it. Could have done with a bit of CGI to show more troops on the beach;
This all day long however a griping film really enjoyed it.

Was the old black and white film called Dunkirk or something else? That was good but obviously the effects not the same.

Went to see it yesterday, very good film, the Spitfires were incredible, listening to the howling
Rolls Royce Merlins, and the brownings letting rip is the best depiction of aerial warfare I've seen.
No maudlin story line with some hero finally getting the girl, just a series of linked scenes that work very well.

Brilliant!

9/10

The music really added to the film.

Just got back from IMAX (£32 for me and my gf) what a piss take. Screen is bigger and they ramp up the volume, that's the only difference or am I missing something ?

Anyway, the film :
Amazingly shot
Great acting
Captured some really dramatic scenes

Agree with some of the negative comments mind, same sort of scenes over and over again, couldn't really warm to any character and the whole thing felt a bit flat.
The over dramatic music was really nauseating, did they really need intense music all the way through the film ? Like when he locks the guy in the cabin. It was a relief noise wise when it ended.

6/10

When I came out of Dunkirk I said without hesitation and reservation this was the best film I'd ever seen. Incredibly tense and moving from beginning to end. Gripping throughout.
I walked out in tears and could barely speak for 10 minutes after. It's as much
a work of art, as a film. The sound is like a beating pulse through the film.

It's all the better for the lack of CGI in my opinion. It's also worth bearing in mind it's a film not a documentary so if some aspects don't completely match with actual events from a film perspective I don't think it's problematic.
10/10.

You can't say for sure that wouldn't have happened here under Nazi occupation.

There would have been plenty of collaborators here. The Facsists went under cover after war broke out, but they would have crawled out of the woodwork to help their Nazi pals

They would be top of my list for a bullet to the head in the battles that would have taken place up and down Britain, but let us not kid ourselves we wouldn't have Treasonous collaborators willing and eager to fuck their fellow Brits over.

And we still have them today.

There would have been plenty of collaborators here. The Facsists went under cover after war broke out, but they would have crawled out of the woodwork to help their Nazi pals

They would be top of my list for a bullet to the head in the battles that would have taken place up and down Britain, but let us not kid ourselves we wouldn't have Treasonous collaborators willing and eager to fuck their fellow Brits over.

And we still have them today.
You sit among them every home game.

Anyway, I'm going to see this before the weekend, is imax better, or a normal screen? (that's a general question, not to you in particular mp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.