Dunne?

one of the biggest clubs in Portugal.
Never heard of him working at Amadora before.

You still haven't given a single reason why we couldn't find Dunnie a coaching role.

He was still only youth team coach there though.

Getting back to Dunne, I can really see no reason why we would give him a coaching role though other than sentimentality.

He was still only youth team coach there though.

Getting back to Dunne, I can really see no reason why we would give him a coaching role though other than sentimentality.

Right, show me who on this thread suggested we replace one of Pellegrini, Vieira or Cousillas with Dunne.

Right, show me who on this thread suggested we replace one of Pellegrini, Vieira or Cousillas with Dunne.

I'm sorry but I can see absolutely no reason why he should be given a role at any level other than he once used to play for us. We should be looking to bring in the best coaches at all levels, not filling roles with old boys for the sake of it.

There is no room for sentimentality at the top. That is where we now operate.

To suggest Dunne is given a role purely on sentimental reasons, or as an olive branch for his shoddy treatment, is bordering on insane. Period.

He wasn't treated shoddily. He'd threatened to walk away twice in 2007 & 2008 and it was long beyond the time for him to go when he did in 2009. Compared to how others at the club were treated, he should consider himself lucky he's considered legendary for having such a bog standard career.

He wasn't treated shoddily. He'd threatened to walk away twice in 2007 & 2008 and it was long beyond the time for him to go when he did in 2009. Compared to how others at the club were treated, he should consider himself lucky he's considered legendary for having such a bog standard career.

that bog standard career included being player of the season for us four years on the bounce - we should consider ourselves lucky that he gave his all week in week out unlike many others over the years !!! Whatever anyone's opinion on his coaching prowess surely he deserves credit for his contribution to City in less successful times.

that bog standard career included being player of the season for us four years on the bounce - we should consider ourselves lucky that he gave his all week in week out unlike many others over the years !!! Whatever anyone's opinion on his coaching prowess surely he deserves credit for his contribution to City in less successful times.

I've argued too often about Dunne's time at City but I'll say this; winning 4 Player of the Year awards for being "Big Dunney" doesn't equal having a good career.

I've argued too often about Dunne's time at City but I'll say this; winning 4 Player of the Year awards for being "Big Dunney" doesn't equal having a good career.

I'd say a player who spent the majority of his career playing in the Premier League & played for his country, including at a World Cup, had a 'good' career.

He's hardly the embodiment of ultra-professionalism that you'd want, nor has he ever shown much to suggest that he agrees with the total football style of football that we are trying to teach. If we want to teach the kids the best way to neck a pint and the best spot for a late night kebab or three, then I imagine he'd be a great addition though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.