Dwight Yorke - 'not a coach due to racism'

So he says he doesn't have the experience then blames racism! Let me help you out on this one. Assuming you have your coaching badges ask around all your contacts and see if you can observe some training sessions. Go abroad and watch how they train and play, broaden your horizons. Then when a job as an assistant manager or coach comes up, and here is the tricky part, in the lower leagues i.e Conference or whatever it is called these days or division two then apply.

Does he honestly think that if he was good enough coach to bring success at the top level he would be ignored because of skin colour. Football is pretty cut throat, and if he was that great clubs would be falling over themselves. Strange that this 'racism' didn't affect his career as a striker at the top level. Maybe the fact that he was a good player meant more than his colour and I suspect management is the same.
Hopefully the deluded idiot will succeed giggs at the swamp. The top clubs are not racist you plumb, they're shittist - discriminating against shit managers. Go cry to the bitter wannabe manager john barns about his great management career.

My mate was eulogising how good a pundit Gary Neville was, highlighting the statement he came out with that he was now the most qualified as a coach as he has ever been, and this should somehow put him in line to be the England manager.

Well, I too rate him as a pundit, but that statement was really stupid. Everyone is currently the best qualified they have ever been, including me, but that doesn't put me in line for a top football job.

Yorke wouldn't last ten weeks as a manager in the Prem or Championship. He needs to make his way picking up the scraps, getting the odd gig as a pundit when anyone is desperate enough to have him, and on the after dinner circuit. Or if he gets himself a decent agent, he might just get a few weeks on Celebrity Big Brother, or some such other reality nonsense. A dose of reality is what he really needs.

Nothing to do with his dress sense? If someone turned up to interview in some of the suits he wears, I'd send them away

He was also moaning about foreign managers, remind us again Dwight where you are from hhmmmmm !

Why does playing at the top level make you a top manager? Thats why Giggs will hold out for a PL job and then fall on his arse like Solskjær.
To be fair, at least Solskjaer started in the Norwegian league and won it and then took over Cardiff, who were in trouble. Whereas Giggs considers a Swansea beneath him.

Seems to be a theme for a lot of ex-rags currently -a huge sense of entitlement. Doesn't want to start lower down because he thinks he is special. Has immovable belief that he can be a success. Hesitates to actually go and get a job to prove it.

Of all the reasons you would not want Dwight Yorke anywhere near your football club, I doubt very much that the colour of his skin is the issue. if he disagrees then he should put forward his evidence, make some claims and start ruffling feathers, but he'd probably be better off going away and studying some coaching courses, taking on some offers to coach reserves of youth teams initially, and, critically, coming up with some core ideas about how he wants his teams to play football and how he will help them to achieve it.

I don't doubt for a second that there is still a degree of racism in the game, even in this country, so his comments are well worth investigation. If he comes up with the facts to back it up. If not, well, just another reason for public opinion to turn against him, which ironically will make his ambition of landing a coaching job in one of the most high profile careers in the world just the little harder than before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.