Dzeko and kolarov celebrate city win

Both of them will always be welcome in Manchester, not just for the goals they scored (More than a few significant ones at that) but their attitude wearing the shirt, Edin running back after getting the equalizer v QPR urging the other players on is a mental picture I will take to the grave, while Alex was always first in to back up a team mate if it got a bit frisky, an never gave less than his best.

Needless to say I will be cheering for Roma to knock seven bells out of the bin robbing bast*ds

Not sure about that!!

Finds time in this great interview about growing up in Serbia during the war to stick the boot in to United -

Honestly, I still consider City my club. A few months ago, when City were close to the title, Edin Džeko and I were watching the Manchester United-West Brom game on our team bus on the way to our match. United lost, which is funny because West Brom were last in the table. And Manchester was blue, again. It was a nice moment for us. I will remember those fans forever, and the club holds a special place in my heart.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/e...d-shake?utm_medium=fw&utm_source=kolarov-fans

Edin and Kolarov were good servants to our Club and played their part in many of our successes. They have shown a lot of respect in celebrating our title win, last season.

They also (unintentionally) helped to maintain a City tradition of a section of fans targeting a few players regardless of their performances (although these lads were inconsistent).

Edin and Kolarov were good servants to our Club and played their part in many of our successes. They have shown a lot of respect in celebrating our title win, last season.

They also (unintentionally) helped to maintain a City tradition of a section of fans targeting a few players regardless of their performances (although these lads were inconsistent).

Look in particular at Dzeko's record as a striker in a blue shirt - outstanding at holding the ball up and scoring goals. There are things as a player he wasn't able to do. But people criticising him for not doing those things is weird. It's like having a go at a bird for not bring able to swim, rather than focus on its flying ability.

He did a great job. Kola did a good one too - he wasn't that defensive minded, but the manager knew that when he bought him.

The grief these two got despite playing major roles in two championship winning sides was unreal.

Look in particular at Dzeko's record as a striker in a blue shirt - outstanding at holding the ball up and scoring goals. There are things as a player he wasn't able to do. But people criticising him for not doing those things is weird. It's like having a go at a bird for not bring able to swim, rather than focus on its flying ability.

He did a great job. Kola did a good one too - he wasn't that defensive minded, but the manager knew that when he bought him.

The grief these two got despite playing major roles in two championship winning sides was unreal.

It surprises me a bit too, mate but the “Main Stand Moaners” continued to come to the games over the years and stick by the Club.

Edin and Aleks also conducted themselves off the pitch well too. For example, it was refreshing to have them and some other players who weren’t arsed about the latest hair styles or celebrity endorsements.

I will remember those fans forever, and the club holds a special place in my heart.

It surprises me a bit too, mate but the “Main Stand Moaners” continued to come to the games over the years and stick by the Club.

Yep. And they infected others over the years too...they're everywhere now! Still some moaning on the day we lifted the title. Not just stuff most of us do instinctively in the immediacy of someone making a balls up "awww, for f_____ sake'...but specifically laying into a player. Who has just won the title. Odd.

If only Yaya could treat us with the same respect as these two, both Edin and Kolarov didn't get anywhere near the same love form us either.

Edin and Aleks also conducted themselves off the pitch well too. For example, it was refreshing to have them and some other players who weren’t arsed about the latest hair styles or celebrity endorsements.

IIRC, in the case of Aleks the main stand moaners had relocated to the erudite south stand

Both of them will always be welcome in Manchester, not just for the goals they scored (More than a few significant ones at that) but their attitude wearing the shirt, Edin running back after getting the equalizer v QPR urging the other players on is a mental picture I will take to the grave, while Alex was always first in to back up a team mate if it got a bit frisky, an never gave less than his best.

Needless to say I will be cheering for Roma to knock seven bells out of the bin robbing bast*ds

Actually, I'm afraid, mate, that that's certainly not true. Just look at a number of his games with us in his last season, and especially Southampton away. Don't get me wrong. I still like the guy. And by God he can hit a free kick (as he proved just the other day). Nice that he and Edin are such good friends, too. Shows that genuine friendship can go beyond the cretinism of political divisions and nationalism.
There will always be a place in my heart for any player that played any part in the two title winning teams of 2012 and 2014. That includes minor players like Savic. Edin and Aleks played their part. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they celebrated our victory this season. Joleon too has clearly remained close to the club (it'd nice to hear from Micah from time to time, in that respect).
I'm a bit conflicted about today's game. if it weren't for Gabi and Fern, I actually wouldn't at all mind seeing Serbia do one against Brazil.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.