Dzeko to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Edin. The header against Spurs and in 2011 and the one against Everton in 2014 still make me feel warm and fuzzy.
His first goal for City when we were losing away in the third round of the F.A. Cup started us on the road to our first trophy in decades and that equaliser v QPR......scored loads of important goals. He didn't suit being in a squad rotation system and took a while to get back to form after injury. I concede on those occasions he looked like he'd never seen a football before but he got waaaay to much grief for player who did so much for us at key moments.

His first goal for City when we were losing away in the third round of the F.A. Cup started us on the road to our first trophy in decades and that equaliser v QPR......scored loads of important goals. He didn't suit being in a squad rotation system and took a while to get back to form after injury. I concede on those occasions he looked like he'd never seen a football before but he got waaaay to much grief for player who did so much for us at key moments.

Spot on. I also think, strangely, his size worked against him. He's a big lad and a think a lot of fans expected him to be an old fashioned, bulldozer of a centre forward, but his game was always more refined than that. To think, we basically replaced Edin with Bony. Shocking piece of business.

Great player when on it but gave way too many CBA performances in his last season.

Seemed to lose his hunger when being on the bench not starting as many games as he thought he was worth.

That being said a fired up performing Dzeko was a slight to behold.

He stopped playing for Pellegrini, showed what he was made of in that last season with us

Spot on. I also think, strangely, his size worked against him. He's a big lad and a think a lot of fans expected him to be an old fashioned, bulldozer of a centre forward, but his game was always more refined than that. To think, we basically replaced Edin with Bony. Shocking piece of business.
To be fair, Edin had gone before we sold him, the player we sold wasn't worth having. Needs to be the main man, which makes this move a bit of an odd one, unless Morata is getting dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.