Dzeko

Love Dzeko. Yes he was crap in his last season and the ball bounced off him at all angles but he was a player who needed to play regularly to be at his best. He needed the rhythm of starting often and his confidence rose and touch and link play improved when he was a regular. He scored so many important goals for City - the one v QPR as has been mentioned and amongst others, at Everton in the 2014 win there on the way to that title. Let's not forget that he scored the crucial equaliser at Meadow Lane from a Micah Richards cross in the FA Cup in 2011. Had it no been for that goal...

I don't recall him slagging City off but even if he had moaned his behaviour was generally good.

Pleased for him that he is doing well with Roma. Seeing him do that brings happy memories. I can only wish him the best.

Love Dzeko. Yes he was crap in his last season and the ball bounced off him at all angles but he was a player who needed to play regularly to be at his best. He needed the rhythm of starting often and his confidence rose and touch and link play improved when he was a regular. He scored so many important goals for City - the one v QPR as has been mentioned and amongst others, at Everton in the 2014 win there on the way to that title. Let's not forget that he scored the crucial equaliser at Meadow Lane from a Micah Richards cross in the FA Cup in 2011. Had it no been for that goal...

I don't recall him slagging City off but even if he had moaned his behaviour was generally good.

Pleased for him that he is doing well with Roma. Seeing him do that brings happy memories. I can only wish him the best.
He could trap the ball further than I could kick it!

Seems like one of those players who will have one good year/one bad year.

Really, his bad year for us was 14/15 but in 12/13 he had a lot of useful late winners/equalizers as a super sub. While complaining constantly about being a super sub.

I heard the Roma fans last year were pronouncing his name in an Italian way that corresponded to their word for "blind."

Best of luck to him though. For some reason I always had a soft spot for the guy even when he was at his most frustrating.

Seems like one of those players who will have one good year/one bad year.

Really, his bad year for us was 14/15 but in 12/13 he had a lot of useful late winners/equalizers as a super sub. While complaining constantly about being a super sub.

I heard the Roma fans last year were pronouncing his name in an Italian way that corresponded to their word for "blind."

Best of luck to him though. For some reason I always had a soft spot for the guy even when he was at his most frustrating.

Yep, he's just one of those really likeable people which perhaps gave him a bit of a free pass from many of our fans - me included - when he wasn't doing well.

Generally speaking, he was very important to us and contributed hugely to our 2 title wins and FA Cup win (late equaliser at Notts County when we were heading out)

He was my favourite player when he was here, always puts a smile on my face still when I see he's scored for Roma.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.