Dzeko

I still have a fucking good laugh whenever I feel like cheering myself up, watching that miss against Palermo in February. Just done it, actually. At the time, some wag on here posted, "He should have tried to shoot instead of taking a touch!". I fell about, I'm telling you. What slays me about that clip is that a member of the opposing team (number 10 on his shirt) appears to raise his hands in horror, before he sort of checks himself as he realizes what he's doing!
For a player who's scored so many great goals in three of the top European leagues and the Champions League, he has had some unbelievable misses, most notably the one against Palerma and the one for us against Stoke. It's almost like a golfer yipping a two-footer. What's quite impressive is his apparent ability to not let it affect him long term - he's either smart enough to realize these things just happen sometimes, or he has the memory of a goldfish.

Good goal again for Roma.
Sort of miss the guy.

I know what you mean. When he played for us there seemed to be so many frustrating games when he couldn't control the ball and was slow as fuck, but other games he looked awesome. He's better than Nacho as a second striker as well, could do with his height as well.

But the longer players are gone, the better we remember them. NDJ, Tevez, Barry, all would probably still get a game ahead of some of this current side, in my opinion. Tevez definitely, we've never quite been the same since he left. Had that fight and spark we've lacked for a few seasons now.

If he gave us 7 or 8 games out of 10 the way he often plays for Roma then you'd take that. The problem was it was 1 game in 10 at most that last season. I'd love to see what Pep could get out of him because he's got the skill and he's a great human being as well.
Your last sentence echo my feelings to the letter. Would be most interesting to see him in a Pep team...

I know what you mean. When he played for us there seemed to be so many frustrating games when he couldn't control the ball and was slow as fuck, but other games he looked awesome. He's better than Nacho as a second striker as well, could do with his height as well.

But the longer players are gone, the better we remember them. NDJ, Tevez, Barry, all would probably still get a game ahead of some of this current side, in my opinion. Tevez definitely, we've never quite been the same since he left. Had that fight and spark we've lacked for a few seasons now.
Yes he was frustrating on many occasions but he didn't half score some important goals and left us some beautiful memories.
Great pro and never had a bad word to say about managers or City despite some shabby treatment at times.
Really pleased to see him doing so well.

He was instrumental in both title wins ,but in the 2014 run in he was immense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.