Eczema

15n6mc9.jpg

Used to have to go to hospital with psoriasis.
Got the tar cream treatment which was washed off with porridge oats inside a bandage.
So there could be something in the porridge oats theory.

My nephew has it. The wet kind and when he had it it was a sad state. He changed his diet and maintained skin hygiene and never came back since. He also leads a free spirited life, he's a stand up comedian.
Stand up comedian not mourinio is he.

I'm the same as the OP.

As a kid I used to get it on my hands, on the inside of my elbows and the backs of my knees.
My fingers used to get cracks which really were painful
I'd often scratch it while I was asleep at night so I'd be sent to bed with cream on and bandages on my knees so I wouldn't scratch.
It affected me that I'd never wear shorts as a kid, apart from P.E. at school,where I had to.

Then in my late teens, I "grew out of it" - didn't get it at all.

I'm now 47 and in the last year or so, I get patches of it, randomly on my arms.

I've always been prescribed various forms of betnovate cream/ointment and when applied, it usually clears it up pretty quickly.

At this moment in time, I've got a small patch of it on my forearm and as I've a week off work, I intend to get to the doctors again as I've no ointment at present.

I've just remembered - as a kid, I used to have to drink goats milk instead of cow's milk as apparently it was better for eczema, although I've no recollection if it actually helped or not!!

It's a nasty condition and I empathise with anybody who suffers from it

A few supplements should help out and changing your diet should help.

Vitamin B to help with stress to minimise it flaring up.
Fish oil is also good to maintain the skin.
Evening Primrose Oil also helps in that regard.
Take a multi vitamin supplement that has a lot of Selenium as that helps.

For the diet avoid foods high in artificial colours and preservatives. Also up your intake of leafy greens and just eat more fruit and veg and you should be good.

Also, getting a bit of sunlight, and the Vitamin D associated with it also helps.

My mate has just had this, arms and back of knees. He's 50 this weekend. He was treated for eczema, with steroids etc, without any success. After weeks of misdiagnosis it turns out it was tablets he was on for high blood pressure. He changed tablets and it went as quick as it came.

Just a thought that it may not actually be eczema. Sure looked like it was though.

I just had this image in my head of social services turning up a few days later to check up on young De Bois progress.
And as they walk through the door there he is resplendid in a tin bath full of ready break.
It's for his eczema you cry as they drag you off to the waiting van to get some porridge of your own.
I've heard he is a cereal offender.

I used to get this quite badly as a kid, up to about the age of nine, when it pretty much went away. Following that, I would get the occasional outburst in isolated parts of my body, usually the wrists and back of my knees, but not for very long.

However, in the last four years (since I was 43) it's come back with a vengeance. My GP told me that its recurrence in middle age is quite common and they don't know the reasons behind it. I've been prescribed some steroid cream (clobetasone butyrate) but it's not working well enough to prevent me from thinking of asking to be referred to a dermatologist.

Have anyone else had this condition resurface in later life and do you have any helpful suggestions?

You need to get pregnant mate my daughter has had fairly bad psoriasis most of her life but since getting up the duff it's all just about cleared up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.