Ed China leaves Wheeler Dealers

Good series to watch even if brewer was a bit of a arse with his cockney wide boy antics,seem to remember that he has a garage/ car dealership in Sheffield

If you were selling a car and Mike Brewer turned up you would tell him to fuck off as you know he will take the piss with his low offers.

I think the purpose of this show has gone over a few peoples heads here.
If you watched from the very start, they made it clear it was to show that the average person could "become" a wheeler dealer.
Hence why they don't add the cost of labour into the final total. You do the work and the profit is yours.

Ed moaning and Mike being the wide boy dealer is scripted. Ed's "how too" part was the core of the program. The Yanks who bought the show just didn't get this.
They assumed we watched to see how much they made, hence the decision to faze out the out the "how too" bit. That was stupid from a UK viewer point of view, but the Yank audience aren't tinkerers like us.
It's the Yank Cadbury's mentality all over again. Forget history or uniqueness. Sterilise it, repackage it, make the most profit.

I've had the 2CV and a couple of Dyane's - never had an Ami but always fancied one. Graduated to a '78 GS next - that was £650 very very well spent !

I'd love an original DS (with modern electronics under the shell!) more so than a 2CV. The one that Simon Baker had in The Mentalist would have done me nicely. I remember the cameras when BBC were at the races - camera stuck on top of a DS because of the smooth ride.

I'd love an original DS (with modern electronics under the shell!) more so than a 2CV. The one that Simon Baker had in The Mentalist would have done me nicely. I remember the cameras when BBC were at the races - camera stuck on top of a DS because of the smooth ride.

That would be excellent - I have seen articles where enthusiasts have done things like put a later CX engine and 5 speed box into a DS shell - easy swap they say. That comes with EFI in later models for more reliability but yes throw in some more modern creature comforts and what a cruiser that would be.

I remember that - a green safari model. If you remember on Top Gear with the launch of the C6 Clarkson went round Wetherby or somewhere following a race in the C6 with the camera on the roof and a BMW 5 series with the camera on the roof. Even so the C6 still provided clear pics. The Oelopneumatic suspension and stuff were all junked by PSA in the end.

It seems Mike Brewer has been getting death threats?? I don't particularly like the bloke but I wouldn't want him dead..... Jeremy Clarkson is different matter

Mike Brewer
Buys a car for a grand, spends a grand on parts. Ed takes a couple of weeks (80 hours at £50 an hour) working on the vehicle, so the cost is in the region of £4k
Brewer then sells the car for £3k and tell s us he's made a thousand pound profit

How the fuck has he made a living in the retail car industry!

If your calculations are accurate,he's probably chucking it to sign on and eat pot noodles and Iceland frozen curries that are obviously out of his reach on current turnover and profit margins.

It's the smart move.

If your calculations are accurate,he's probably chucking it to sign on and eat pot noodles and Iceland frozen curries that are obviously out of his reach on current turnover and profit margins.

It's the smart move.

I skipped through two American episodes
Watched the first few minutes, then to some of Edd's work, then to the end where they give a breakdown of costs and manhours labour

First up was a Maserati which was sold at cost price
Edd undertook 57 hours labour which weren't included

The second was a Merc where they made $6,000 "profit" but again, Edd's 76 hours labour were not included and on this car they were donated $16,000 of spare parts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.