Eden Hazard

Obviously a very good player and at his best a pleasure to watch but he doesn't suit our style imo. He does absolutely nothing to help defensively so if we got him we'd need a Lahmesque LB to deal with that. Chelsea do it with 2 cdms and 3 CBs. Not worth the hassle.

Hazard would be an already-made signing, and I don't think that fits Pep criteria for transfers - he often or always signs young players which he can mould.
Walker, Bravo, Gundogan to name a few seniors he's bought who were as old or older than Hazard at the time. Please drop this notion he only/always signs young players.

Walker, Bravo, Gundogan to name a few seniors he's bought who were as old or older than Hazard at the time. Please drop this notion he only/always signs young players.

1) Gundogan was 25 when he was signed, Hazard is 27 and would be Pep's second oldest signing.

2) He didn't say only/always signs young players. He said often or always.

3) The obvious person to mention if you're trying to prove Pep will be happy to sign an older, ready made player is Sanchez.

1) Gundogan was 25 when he was signed, Hazard is 27 and would be Pep's second oldest signing.

3) The obvious person to mention if you're trying to prove Pep will be happy to sign an older, ready made player is Sanchez.
You could add Nolito, Danilo, Alves and Mahrez. I think the more valid question is will these established players fit into our wage structure? Alves and Sanchez wouldn't.

You could add Nolito, Danilo, Alves and Mahrez. I think the more valid question is will these established players fit into our wage structure? Alves and Sanchez wouldn't.

Well those two were both younger than Hazard but yeah Alves was obviously a big target so age is just a number or whatever.

And Mahrez, Bonucci etc etc.

25 is a fairly old age imo.

So yeah, I wouldn't even use the word often either. It seems more to be 50-50.

2 out of 3 seasons now not playing in the CL. That’s if Chelsea do indeed finish outside the top 4.

A player of Hazards standard and stature won’t accept that and because of it I wouldn’t be suprised if he pushed for a move this summer.

He’s one of the best winger/forwards in the world but his age is somewhat of a deterrent considering how much he would cost. He turns 28 in January.

If we are to break our transfer record this summer (it’s quite likely), I hope it’s on Isco, Kane, Mbappe or Dybala.

....quickly runs to look up how old Isco is...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.