Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson is #1 at 442 magazine's rank of the 10 best Premier League summer signings based on performances this season, published today.

"The rise of Manchester City’s Brazilian goalkeeper has been extraordinary. Ederson only broke into the Benfica first team in March 2016 but is already one of the best goalkeepers in Europe, and earned plaudits from all corners for his unbelievable distribution.

On numerous occasions this season, the 24-year-old has received a backpass while under pressure from high-pressing forwards, only to split the ball through the lot of them and calmly recycle possession. He is fast becoming the fulcrum of City’s possession-dominant tactics, preventing aggressive opponents from disrupting the rhythm of Pep Guardiola’s team.

City’s high line means Ederson’s traditional goalkeeping skills are rarely tested (he has made just 10 saves this season, the fewest in the division), but that brave header in the face of Sadio Mane’s flying boot suggests he is more than just a good technician.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-10-best-premier-league-summer-signings-based-performances-season?page=0,2

Cheers
Great post this man will see us through to glory!!!

Oh yes, we are!

His is an exceptional keeper. Most of all, he is bossing his box, picking a cross, when other good shot stoppers would stick to their line.
I think he already is on a level Manuel Neuer was at his best. And as a German, you can bet I don't say that too often about a keeper.
He is the perfect fit for Pep and for the great project City is.

I'd say he's braver than Neuer.
The biggest flaw in Neuer's game is that he flinches when he could get clattered.
He's rarely exposed to close attackers because he plays for Bayern and Germany but I don't think he relishes the chance of a bit of pain.

Really looking forward to the end-of-season compilation videos of Ederson's distribution. Out of this world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.