Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been absolutely outstanding and the way he sweeps up balls over the top has been as big a difference between this season and last as anything else. His use of the ball is incredible for a keeper but there was always going to come a time where he made a mistake or two. The fact that it hasn't happened sooner is remarkable when you think about the things he has been doing. He might not be the best keeper in the world according to the usual measure but I genuinely think he is the best keeper for our system in the world.

Not sure how anyone could watch us this year and not know that, but clearly it's charging out like a lunatic and sweeping up anything and everything and trying to play passes when he gets it, whereas the time it didn't work would obviously be against Liverpool where he kicked it straight to Salah who scored.
Well there's more incidents than that, principally the two simple shots he failed to control vs N'cle and Watford. They're nothing to do with his distribution. Also there were question marks about his positioning on the first two dipper goals, again nothing to do with distribution.
As for the fourth Liverpool goal that resulted from a lack of concentration rather than a deliberate high risk pass out of defence. May have cost us a point as we still had goals in the tank even at that late stage of the game.

Well there's more incidents than that, principally the two simple shots he failed to control vs N'cle and Watford. They're nothing to do with his distribution. Also there were question marks about his positioning on the first two dipper goals, again nothing to do with distribution.
As for the fourth Liverpool goal that resulted from a lack of concentration rather than a deliberate high risk pass out of defence. May have cost us a point as we still had goals in the tank even at that late stage of the game.
Out of curiousity, which keeper would you have instead of Ederson?

Out of curiousity, which keeper would you have instead of Ederson?
I wouldn't at the minute because he suits Pep's style of play but if his performances deteriorated then Courtois , De Gea, Adrian, Butland or abroad - ter stergen, Neuer, the guy who played for Portugal in the World Cup , there may well be others.
There's also a lot of good goalkeeping talent in the lower divisions of the English game.

I wouldn't at the minute because he suits Pep's style of play but if his performances deteriorated then Courtois , De Gea, Adrian, Butland or abroad - ter stergen, Neuer, the guy who played for Portugal in the World Cup , there may well be others.
There's also a lot of good goalkeeping talent in the lower divisions of the English game.

name 5

we have an exceptional goalkeeper on our hands and all make mistakes at times but he does have to improve this part of his game, you never know in time he could be the worlds best ? one problem might be city`s goal keeping coach? Hart and Bravo both took a rapid down turn when he came

I thought he was the only person who actually did anything to stop Newcastle from scoring.

The rest just kicked it away afterwards.
John Stones got skinned in the box twice in about 10 seconds by fucking Diame iirc. Ederson on the other hand made two saves and dived head first at the guys feet to stop them scoring. But he did drop the ball once, so he needs to sort his life out

Jack Butland and Adrian ffs, now I know your taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.