Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is that eddie's son has contributed towards the 16 point gap - at 16-20pm today - Whooop Whoop

I have to say, watching the keeper “play” in today’s matches really puts Ederson’s brilliance into perspective.

Watching him week in, week out, has fundamentally changed the way I unconsciously assess other keepers and I find myself genuinely disappointed or frustrated with other teams’ keepers’ individuals actions and overall performances.

Last edited:
De Gea is a great traditional keeper.

Ederson is re-inventing goalkeeping.

I know which I'd rather have, De Gea wouldn't last 10 minutes in our side, Ederson would fit in and do perfectly fine at the rags.

Travis when you say DeGea is the better keeper I don't see how comparisons can be made with Ederson . DeGea is an old style keeper where as Ederson is the next phase of the continental sweeper keeper, how do you define better keeper ? If it's saves then we are set up so that it minimises shots at goal so he makes less saves. if it's distribution then Ederson is the better keeper it's comparing apples with oranges to be honest . What we are seeing though is a new breed of keeper, so expect the FA/ Prem/Sky/ BT to start going on about it not being fair and campaign to have the rules changed so a keeper can't come out the box, I say this in jest but hmmmm nothing would suprised me .

Travis when you say DeGea is the better keeper I don't see how comparisons can be made with Ederson . DeGea is an old style keeper where as Ederson is the next phase of the continental sweeper keeper, how do you define better keeper ? If it's saves then we are set up so that it minimises shots at goal so he makes less saves. if it's distribution then Ederson is the better keeper it's comparing apples with oranges to be honest . What we are seeing though is a new breed of keeper, so expect the FA/ Prem/Sky/ BT to start going on about it not being fair and campaign to have the rules changed so a keeper can't come out the box, I say this in jest but hmmmm nothing would suprised me .
@TravisBickle

You’re welcome.

Would be cool if he played as a LB or a midfielder in the last game of the season. His passing is better than at least 90% of the players in this league

I wonder if can take freekicks like Rogerio Ceni who was amazing in that aspect. A keeper can train freekicks more often without the risk of injures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.