Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly shot stopping. Close reaction saves Command of area, positional sense catching the ball cleanly(something Hart lacked badly) agility athleticism kicking ability alertness to danger. Etc etc. I'm no expert, but most keeper experts would rate Dear Gea higher than Ederson right now. I see that changing though as Ederson gains more experience.

At this moment in time De Gea is IMO the best all round keeper in the world. Nowhere near Ederson's sweeper keeper ability, but Ederson is not Upto De Gea's shot saving ability. De Gea saved manure several times v Arsenal saving about 32 shots. I doubt Ederson would of stopped as many. In the future I think Ederson will(if he keeps improving) will become the best all round keeper on the world. As good as De gea is, I wouldn't swap him for Ederson.

You believe De Gea is the best all round keeper in the world - we will have to simply disagree

De Gea's distribution is poor. He's in a system where he's not asked to distribute much, but still leaves something to be desired. He ends up hoofing it whenever the CB's get pressed, he rarely dares a chipped pass to the fullbacks or defensive midfielder like most keepers these days would do. He's the equivalent of the midfielder who passes sideways or backwards 5-10 yards constantly but has 95% pass completion.

David Preece is on the Football Weekly podcast every now and then, and while I don't really think he's all that as an analyst, he summed up De Gea really well in saying he's a goal line keeper. He's the best in the world on his line, but he's still not the best at coming for crosses (that's cost United a few goals this season) he's shite at any kind of mopping up/sweeping, he's not a great distributor.

This is why Neuer is better, and why a keeper like Ederson will be seen as better once his shot-stopping gets enough attention, which always takes a few seasons by virtue of him not facing many shots.
Very valid points and would have Eddy any day, though of course, credit where it's due DG is an amazing keeper.

Meh. I agree Bravo probably has to play now having played every game in the competition so far, but i think it means we're making it a whole lot harder on ourselves (which is a shame with a potential quadruple of the cards). Bravo has had his moments during the league cup campaign but it's a stretch to say we're in the final because of him. Maybe the Leicester and Wolves games would have been put to bed without the need for pens had we had Ederson on the pitch. It's clear his passing out is far superior and everything happens much more quickly in goal.
We are blues not desperate reds -- Bravo deserves to play, end of!

You’re probably right, but as I said earlier on in the thread (and during the match), sometimes the measure of a person is whether they can find a way to make the best choice from an array of bad options.

For me, Eddie consistently does that (along with often finding a good option that other keepers wouldn’t even know existed, often under quite a lot of pressure).

Based on his current form I wouldn’t have any other keeper in the world take in his place as he is one of the integral parts of our system, mad charges out and all.
His decision making is extremely fast and decisive, following his kick which led to conceding a goal v Liverpool, under similar circumstances against Leicester, he had a quick look and decided on row Z --- LOVING IT.

I think the vast majority of neutrals would rank De Gea above Eddie and I wouldn't argue, equally there is no way I would agree to swap the 'keepers if offered the choice.
Eddie is absolutely integral to the way we play.

You are right in sayin vast majority would choose de gea for his shot stopping because most of the teams dont really care abt playing out from the back. They have more emphasis on a good shot stopper.

With us its different just being a good shot stopper doesnt cut it. You need to have the ability to play out from the back which ederson is excellent at. On the sidenote ederson shot stopping isnt far away. With few attacks to face and ederson being as good on the ball as he is his shot stopping ability doesnt get much notice

Really turning into an echo chamber here...I've seen hundreds of the same exact post, with little to no argument against those posts.

De Gea is the best shot stopper in the world, Ederson is the better distributor, Ederson is the future of GK, no one would swap Eddie for DDG. Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.