Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The golden glove is, in my opinion a really shitty award, calculated in the dumbest way possible, which in no way represents the actual "best" keeper in the league.

Having said that, I really bloody want Eddy to win it this season. Glad the defence has improved recently, only 3 goals allowed in 7 games since the Liverpool game, and 4 clean sheets.

After Bravo's horror show of last season, I was dubious on signing such a young inexperienced keeper from abroad. I'd read a lot of good things about him and his sweeper keeper ability but i never thought he would adapt so quickly and instil such confidence in his defence.

Ederson has exceeded all expectations of him this season and gets better and more commanding each game. Makes me wonder just how good he's gonna be at his peak.

The golden glove is, in my opinion a really shitty award, calculated in the dumbest way possible, which in no way represents the actual "best" keeper in the league.

Having said that, I really bloody want Eddy to win it this season. Glad the defence has improved recently, only 3 goals allowed in 7 games since the Liverpool game, and 4 clean sheets.
He will. We've gotten to a point where we keep the ball so long that I reckon wellw finish the season with 2-3 more clean sheets than United.

Scored 27 more and conceded three fewer than United. Regardless of where the golden gloves end up (and i agree it's a prize that's kind of stupid) we've completely undermined Mourinho's entire philosophy this season and it feels great. When a team with that level of financial resource still sets up in a way where their sole aim is to not concede, that's pretty shocking. For them to play football as turgid as that and still concede more than us is totally inexcusable.

I think we can keep clean sheets in all our remaining home games for sure. He has a real chance.

We can keep clean sheets in all our remaining games. We won't, obviously, but there's no one in the run in who you think "we won't keep them out", especially now Kane is injured.

Someone will cock up, or the opposition will hit a wonder strike, or concentration will just go in an already won game...but it will probably be an anomaly and against the run of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.