Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by bluesingh, 21 Jul 2017.

1. i♥city!

i♥city!

I wouldn't go as far as suggesting we get a new keeper, however there might be some other way to look at the situation with our goal keepers, Hart was brilliant for us until Pellegrini brought in Xabi Mansidor as the goal keeping coach, Bravo was great at Barcelona, then he worked with Mansidor, looks like the Ederson is now experiencing the Mansidor effect. The problem might not be the goal keepers, perhaps its all down to the goal keeping coach and his tactics.

2. City_Sean

City_Sean

He’s certainly worried me these last few games. His shot stopping has left a lot to be desired.

3. Pablo1

Pablo1

I don’t even think it’s the shot stopping that’s the problem. For me he doesn’t command his six yard box enough when balls are put in the mix. He’s a fairly big presence and should be taking the pressure off his defenders when the ball is in the air.
    Last night he should have swept up the first goal cleanly - can’t put much blame on him for the second. Also thought he was slow off his line with the chamberlain chance in the first half. Strange really when his biggest positive is him being a sweeper keeper. He doesn’t get his angles right enough.
    Still, had a fantastic season and can only get better.

4. City_Sean

City_Sean

I agree with most of this. I do think he could have done better with the Firmino goal, he’s been far too slow getting down to shots, similar to Pogba at weekend. I’m sure he’s going to be a world class keeper, I just don’t think we’ve seen that many great saves yet?

5. Pablo1

Pablo1

I thought Firmino got lucky and didn’t strike it well which as it happened benefited him. It’s be nice to see the odd worldie from him though. There was 2 against utd I’d have liked him to have reacted quicker to.

6. butlerkb

butlerkb

I think Ederson will get better nex5 season, he was fantastic this season and his distribution and sweeping more than made up for the odd blooper.he is still young and will learn.fantastic buy.

7. Zubrman

Zubrman

In order for Bravo to get a League Winner's medal, he has to have five appearances. He's only got one or two at the most.

Let Bravo play enough of the remaining games to qualify, during which Ederson can come on as a defender and score the odd goal or two.

How's that for an idea?

8. Franknorgrovesnephew

Franknorgrovesnephew

unbelievable people questioning ederson really.

9. pride in battle

pride in battle

Agree totally

10. Franknorgrovesnephew

Franknorgrovesnephew

We should bring Hart or bravo bk maybe and give them something to moan about