Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The experience of 2 games where they hard pressed him will have done him loads of good and developed him further,he is only 23,amazing

There was one moment last night when Napoli were pressing us really heavily, and I think Delph and Otamendi were under pressure a bit trying to play out. It looked a bit dangerous, the ball eventually and scruffily went to Ederson, and like it was slow motion, he just played the coolest pass out to Fernandinho between Callejon and Mertens trying to charge him down and afterwards they both looked at each other like what they were doing was pointless.

To be fair it was a great reverse (disguised) pass by their lad to put Insigne through one on one, (where the hell Danilo was god only knows) leaving Eddy little or no time to react.

I thought he should have automatically gone to his left rather than right with his "dive": think that would have increased his chances of blocking the shot.

I thought he should have automatically gone to his left rather than right with his "dive": think that would have increased his chances of blocking the shot.
Then he gets blamed if it goes in at his near post.

Keepers never win.

I love him he's a beast. He'll get us an extra 10pts this season easy.

Just with his shot stopping. His work with the ball is outstanding and gains us another 10. He can just play through the press leading to three opposition players being out of the game. Or if the opposition sit back and counter he will step up and play sweeper.

Then he gets blamed if it goes in at his near post.

Keepers never win.

No they don't and that is what I was alluding to in my comments. Bravo became and instant villain and Ederson an instant hero and whilst I have no doubt Eddie is the more talented the biggest difference in their starts has been the quality of defending in front of them.

If the keeper doesn't go down too early, he is very unlikely to get beaten at his near post from that angle and strikers most frequently go for the far post.

Anyhow, I'm always on the keeper's side: I played in goal for more years than Ed has been alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.